22 - How to beat a valkyrie (Mikaela)

Noelle's spear came down from the sky once more, Thomas prepared to use his shield, but Mikaela caught him by the shoulder and pulled him aside

"Let it hit the floor!" she said, and then she turned to Daniel. " Follow the trajectory of the spear and give her all the fire you have!"

Daniel did exactly as instructed; the rocker screamed and unleashed his power like he was a human flamethrower. The spear hit the ground, and, as she expected, it bounced back into the sky. Only this time, Mikaela grabbed the gun shaft and hitched a ride.

If it weren't for Daniel's magic protection, Mikaela was sure that the wind and the height would have been enough to finish her off because even with the aura of fire, she felt like freezing. She pushed the fear of freezing to the back of her mind, and with the hand that held her father's baseball bat, she prepared to strike.

"What are you...?" Noelle was actually surprised to see her, like an unwanted passenger attached to her spear.

The Valkyrie had her right hand outstretched, waiting to retrieve her weapon as she guided her flying horse away from Daniel's flames, but she couldn't react in time. The trick had been precisely the rocker's attack; she was counting on that to be enough to distract the warrior. If Noelle had been paying attention to the return of her weapon, she would have predicted what Mikaela planned.This will hurt you more than me!

Releasing the shaft of the magic spear, she gripped her staff with both hands and landed a series of quick blows on Noelle, using the maximum of her speed and the strength provided by the momentum. Her last blow hit Noelle in the face, and the valkyrie fell off her horse, literally.

"Strike, you're out!" Mikaela shouted, satisfied to see her opponent fall.

The black horse raced to its owner's aid, but not before Mikaela holded its mane. She hugged the animal's neck and hoped he didn't mind her presence. Noelle almost hit the ground, but her mount managed to fly out from under her, and the valkyrie slammed into his back. Mikaela leapt away before that, and when Thomas used his superhuman strength to jump up and catch her in midair, she was so grateful that he was attentive and always ready to help her.

"Thanks for the rescue." She whispered in his ear, wrapping her arms around his neck to hug him. Then, in a quick gesture that she hadn't really thought about, she kissed him with just a seal on his lips. Thomas stumbled as he landed, and the two of them nearly rolled through the snow.

"Anytime" he said, after regaining his balance. His face turned very red, but he was smiling.

When the horse landed on the ground with its rider, Daniel took to the air and used his flames to draw a circle of fire around them. Then he pointed his hands at Noelle.

"Don't even think about flying out of there, or I will fry you and your horse."

Mikaela walked over with Thomas right beside her, the two of them ready to continue the fight. Noelle got to her feet and waved her hand at the horse to be quiet.