23 - A little rescue and big surprises (Thomas)

Thomas was eating the second pancake and Daniel the third when Mikaela and Noelle met them in the north palace dining hall

Thomas was eating the second pancake and Daniel the third when Mikaela and Noelle met them in the north palace dining hall. The baseball player's eyes looked full of worry.

"What happened?" He got up as fast as he could and approached her.

"Ylerio needs us." Mikaela said without delay.

Beside her, the warrior nodded and explained.

"He and his elves were spotted by the sorceress's snow monsters. They used the sock express to flee, but the opened portal was destroyed before Ylerio could use it. Now he is at the South Pole, alone against a hundred enemies."

He remembered the sock express; that was the name the goblin had given to the teleport spell he'd cast inside the van when he'd saved them in Clarence.

"So Ylerio is at the South Pole, is that it? How are we going to get to him in such a short time? I mean, we're on the other side of the world! Literally!" Daniel pointed it out.

"There has to be a way!" Mikaela said, determinedly.

Thomas was amazed at their attitude. For him, there was no way he would leave Ylerio abandoned to his fate, and it was good to know that Daniel and Mikaela also felt the same way.

They poured out their questions as they followed Noelle through the halls of the North Star's palace. The Valkyrie led them into a huge oval room with an open ceiling to the dark sky of the North Pole. The place turned out to be a kind of plant greenhouse where the most varied types of flowers grew. Thomas didn't even have time to record each of the species he saw because, right in the middle of the hall, a bridge made of crystal stole the spotlight.

It was a small but beautiful bridge. Like those built in squares and where children play with feeding the fish in artificial lakes. He could almost imagine that bridge in Cleston's Square, if it weren't for the small detail that it was made of crystal and that there was something very strange inside it.

He could see a strange kind of energy contained within the bridge in the form of multicolored rays. It seemed to Thomas that he was looking at a rainbow in the shape of a bridge. As strange as it sounded, that was the only description he could think of right away. Without realizing it, he touched the bridge with the palm of his hand and jumped in fright when he felt the energy emanating from it. The sensation was very similar to blood circulating in a person's wrist.

It's like the bridge is alive!

"What is this thing?" he asked.

Noelle smiled and touched the bridge with her right hand.

"This is one of the last connections from your world to mine. A physical representation of the Bifrost, the rainbow bridge."

Daniel looked at the Valkyrie with the face of someone who left a physics class without understanding anything about the subject.