30 - Cold, despair and fire! (Daniel)

The snow tentacle wrapped around his neck so tightly that Daniel felt like a fly being crushed by a wrecking ball

The snow tentacle wrapped around his neck so tightly that Daniel felt like a fly being crushed by a wrecking ball. He tried to scream, but no sound came out of his throat.

Darkness swallowed him, and he fought against despair. He needed to find a way to escape before that thing took him to the depths of the earth. Then it occurred to him that he wasn't the one at a disadvantage in that fight. A snow tentacle versus a guy who creates fire? Bad idea, sir tentacle!

He spread his flames throughout his body until the pressure holding him disappeared, and he laughed as he saw the tentacle disintegrate.

"You picked the wrong guy, friend." He propelled himself upward, determined to return to his friends.

But someone wanted him far away from them. An ice barrier formed in front of him, and as he prepared to blast it, a series of ice spears began to sprout from the walls of the tunnel, forcing him to fly downward.

Daniel looked over his shoulder and fired a few fireballs behind him. For each ice spear that was destroyed, another ten appeared. Okay, so I'm really going to have to go down.

He increased his speed to escape the lethal spikes that were chasing him until he landed inside a kind of cave below the castle of the sorceress of eternal winter. He looked up just in time to see the only escape route he knew disappear beneath a thick layer of ice.

Landing, he took a good look around him. The place was huge, like almost everything in the ice castle, and the room was lit by a strange greenish light coming from things on the floor that he could only describe as veins.

Daniel swallowed hard when he realized that those things pulsed and that the ground shook from time to time, creating a rhythmic noise like the beating of a heart.

"It's like this place is alive..."

"It's because it's alive, child." A strange voice replied.

Goosebumps ran through his body and made him jump in fright. He prepared the flames in his hands to attack, trying to determine the source of the voice, but the echo in the cave confused him. The voice sounded again, laughing at him. The sound of laughter seemed to come from everywhere at once.

"Are you the witch? You had the courage to attack Santa Claus with your friends, but you're not going to come here and say hi?" Daniel decided to provoke. "If snow tentacles are the best you can do, you're going to need something better to deal with me."

Summoning his power, he allowed his flames to consume his entire body. He smiled and tried to portray himself as a confident and fearless hero. Although he trusted his powers that didn't stop his heart from beating so fast to the point that it felt like he wanted to run miles away. He just hoped that the fear he felt wasn't so evident.

Santa Claus fought the witch and lost, what did he alone hope to achieve? His best chance was to buy time until he discovered a way to escape that cave alive.