"don't call me scar" she hissed and sliced at my arm.

The pain was worse than anything id felt in my life. It was like she had cut my hand and lit it on fire. I screamed louder then I ever had, it echoed through the halls of the hotel.

Tears streamed down my face, mixing in with the sweat.

My sight was starting to blur.

The cut was deep and the knife had not been taken out.

I felt the warmth of blood start oozing out of my arm.

"Vix! The vial!" she shouted, but her voice seemed far away.

I felt the cool rim of a cup under my arm and I knew they were catching my blood. But why? Suddenly I felt her jiggle the knife, as if to try and get more out.

I screamed and screamed, just wanting it all to end.

"have you got another?"I heard her ask.

"seven more" Vix said.

"fill them" she instructed sharply "then bandage her up. We can't let her bleed to death".

"let me" I tried to say, the pain was too much. I could feel myself growing rapidly weaker.

After a few minutes I heard her say "Now bandage her, we can't waste time Vix. Put a lid on those too, a cork if you will". I heard the footsteps of her leaving.

Suddenly, the knife must of been ripped out, because a sharp pain soared through me, then suddenly it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. The doubling of the pain stopped.

Five seconds later, I felt the feeling of a bandage being put roughly over my arm and the pain exceeded slightly.

My vision began to return to normal.

"why?" the words just escaped my lips.

Vix said nothing, but I heard the clink of vials being moved and the quiet noise of something sealing them.

Footsteps sounded of someone returning.

"finished?" it was Scarlett.

"just about, her arm is done" Vix said. I head him collecting up the vials.

"careful with those!" she almost yelled "they're valuable!".

"sorry ma'am" Vix muttered and I heard his footsteps die away.

"why?" I whispered. My vision was almost completely back, but I knew Scarlett was still there.

"your as stupid as a mundane" I heard her mutter.

"what?" her outline was starting to reappear.

"if you were any bit as smart as you think, you would of told anyone" she smiled, but it wasn't a nice smile.

"told them what?!" I was frustrated and tired.

"all in good time" she whispered. Then she left the room, closing the door after her. I heard the sound of her locking it.

***

The next day I woke up and found I had been moved to the bed. The first thing I did was check my arm. The bandage was wrapped tightly and it looked as if blood had escaped it slightly. They hadn't used anything but bandages, as if that would help. I found it surprising that the wounds hadn't healed either. It was like a bad dream.

I shifted in the crappy bed, making it squeak loudly.

I finally got to the edge of the bed and got out.

There was no sunlight streaming in, the sky here was full of purple clouds day in and day out.

I peered out the window and basically relived yesterday. People fighting, men drinking, women huddling with their children, paper and other rubbish blown everywhere.

I tried the door again, but it was locked, as I'd expected. I wanted very much to break out of here, to smash the window. But I knew they either I'd be getting out of here and into worse conditions or the worse conditions would get in. I didn't really want either, so I went back over and sat on the bed again, which gave an awful squeak.

I could hear people talking on the floor beneath me, letting me know I was on the second floor somewhere.

I strained to hear the voices.

I caught the words;

"Richard"

"Vial"

"Shifter"

"Blood"

They didn't help me much. But whoever it was must be speaking really loudly.

Trying to hear better, I lay on the floor with my ear against it.

"Richard, don't make this any harder!" it was Scarlett.

There was silence for several seconds.

"I can't.... No.... Yes, she's here..... No don't do that.... There's really no need..... Alright..... Yes they're worth quite a lot actually!..... Yes a shifter...... VERY rare if you ask me, none been seen for centuries..... Lost her father in a raid....."

It was obvious now that she was talking on the phone.

"yes.... I doubt it was her mother, she's too werewolf for her own good....... Never heard the history......no......yes of course I do!..... Yes she's here too, hasn't got the same power though..... Yes a great disappointment......... None yet, I'm hoping to see something too. I'm up for a good fight, you know?.......it is nice, I love being out of that boring castle!.........ok I'll see you soon!..... A week? Are you sure?.....well, alright........ I love you too! Bye!".

I raised my eyebrow. Had she gotten over Felix that quickly? And Zac? Maybe she had gone against my advice and rejected him. Was that even true at all? I didn't know anymore.