Chapter 14

Being home was like going back to an old friend.

It turns out I'd been gone for 2 weeks, which was strange.

I guess when you go somewhere without a clock you lose track of the time.

Isabelle didn't come out of her room until mum told her we were going to Eugene's.

She looked excited, and I could only guess it was because Felix was going to be there.

She'd put on an exciting purple dress that went down to the tops of her knees and flowed around her tan legs.

She'd let her hair fly freely at her waist.

I had on a dress similar but black with pink and yellow flowers and green leaves. I put a bow in my hair and a pair of black thongs on my feet.

My hair was also out and reaching halfway down my back.

We set of to Eugene's, mum wearing a flowing white summer dress.

I hadn't been to this place since I was 13 and it sure had changed. They had added flashing lights on the front, making it look more like a casino or something. But it was a restaurant, when you walked down the red carpet-like pathway.

It led into a rather glamorous inside with expensive tables, chairs and even chandeliers. Waiters and waitresses ran throughout the large amount of people with silver trays.

"you're never going to pay for all this, mum" Isabelle muttered.

"hush" mum said and went up to the desk with a rather sour faced old woman seated behind it who was directing people to tables.

"table for four please" mum said politely.

The woman nodded and motioned for a lady to come forward, who took us to our table.

We sat down and started reading our menus, except for Isabelle who was looking around impatiently and desperately, drumming her fingers on the table.

Suddenly a bright smile came over her face, just as Felix joined us.

"good evening" he said politely, sitting down.

He nodded at me.

He was wearing a shirt and a pair of navy blue jeans.

His blonde hair was adorably messy.

Wait, I did not just call him adorable.

Forget I said anything...

The dinner was enjoyable, I guess.

Isabelle asked Felix about his job as Beta and about how hard the job gets. She spent quite a while talking to him and trying to get his attention.

We ordered our food, ate and chatted for a while.

More like Isabelle did, Felix seemed uncomfortable by the interview.

A woman came up and Mum asked for the cheque, which Felix payed much to Mums dismay.

"you don't have to do that" mum said "you found my daughter, I owe you".

"I insist" he winked at me.

Afterwards, Felix needed to get home quickly, for some pack duties.

"Thankyou very much, I enjoyed dinner" he smiled "I hope I'll see you all again".

We said our goodbyes, then he shifted and left.

"hope to see you too" I heard Isabelle whisper.

Wow....

***

I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for a new day.