Chapter 1

Hey guys :) welcome to The Girl Who Cried Wolf. As this is my first time writing a werewolf book, I ask that you help me out by giving as much feedback as you can. I'd love to hear it! And many thanks to Dakota_Rosee for the amazing cover :D

don't forget to vote :D

_____

Tap..

Tap..

Tap..

Tap Tap....

Tap..

"Miss Jessica, please cease that awful tapping. You are distracting the class" a voice cut in through my thoughts. I stopped tapping my pencil against the side of the desk.

I'd just been thinking of last year.... Will and I...

I looked around, everyone was writing stuff in their books. Distracting? What?

I made eye contact with the teacher, the one who had brought me out of my daydream. He had glasses and a bald patch with a unfinished ring of grey brown hair around his head. He was always that tiny bit strict and seemed two get annoyed easily.

"yes sir" I mumbled, bringing my eyes back to my workbook.

In the center of the page was a drawing of a wolf, it's eyes clear and sparkling. It was sitting down on some lumpy snow, pine trees that were capped with snow in the background. I was still contemplating whether or not I should add more wolves behind this one.

But none the less, the drawing was beautiful.

And it was always the same wolf.

I guess its because i'm nervous.

I think my wolf is calling to me.

For the past week I could draw nothing but this wolf, much to my art teacher's disgust.

This Friday is my 16th birthday and if you know your werewolves, you know what this means.

This Friday, I will shift for the first time.

Why am I nervous?

Well, I've heard stories that some people don't change!

It gets me scared.

Rumor has it if you don't change, you never change. You remain as a boring human forever.

But it's just a rumor, right?

Geez, I hope so...

I was once again snapped out of my daydream by the teacher picking up my workbook. He stared a it for several seconds before he began to flick back and forth, obviously looking for a sign that I'd actually done work this class. But I hadnt, and he realised this.

He looked at me through his round glasses and misty blue eyes.

"this is not art class, Miss Jessica" he said in his husky voice "please enlighten me, what we are working on?"

He looks at me, expecting a response instantly.

I looked at Maddison, my best friend, sitting next to me.

She was writing out something on a piece of paper.

Probably doodling.

I returned my eyes to his, causing him to raise one silver eyebrow at me.

"uh..." I tried to remember "A-assignments?".

I feel like an idiot, but that was the idea.

But, much to my surprise, he grunted and threw my book back onto the table.