Chapter 109

JOCELYN'S POV:

   I still can't believe that the men I helped get out of a shitty situation are doing this to me.

   All of them. Save for Julian. Heck, what if he was part of them and just playing innocent? What if he had lured me? What if he had been so nice to me so he could this?

   What if he was still friends with Marcel but pretending to be in bad terms with him because I was a fucking toy they could play with?

   Tears slip down my cheeks as I come to my own realization.

   The realization that neither of them cared about me. I was just a fun thing to play with. I had danced to their games and this was the end.

   The fucking end.

   I was a failure. To myself, to my principles and integrity. This wasn't the woman I had envisioned to be in college. Not at all.

   I had walked into Marcel's company the first day and that was the fucking end of everything.

   It was all my mother's fault. What if Julian had known that I was the daughter of the secretary that had slept with her father and snatched her from Leela? What if I had been lured? Because how the fuck did I apply for jobs at their company? How the hell did I go for interviews at their companies simultaneously?

   It was a fucking coincidence. It was all a plan. I had fallen into their trap and this was the end of it.

   But why me? Why not my mother? I wasn't at fault in all of these. Not at all! I didn't have an idea of what my mother did. I always knew she was wild.

   I lowered my head and sobbed harder. This was the end. This was the fucking end. There was no redemption for me.

   I hated my life. I hated that things had turned out this way and as disappointed as I was in myself, I wanted to find peace in death. If they were going to kill me, that is.

   They had all said nasty stuff to me and even when they talked about Julian like he didn't have an idea of what they had done, I didn't still believe them. It was a lie. It was a front.

   They were crazy. All of them. They were liars, mentally unstable and men who could use their money to do anything.

   Thinking that everything that had been going on in my life had been a game put me through a moment of life fuckery. The realization was crippling.

   I hear footsteps coming towards the door and when it is pushed open, the light is flipped back on. Damien is the first in line. He's speaking to someone on the phone. Jamal and Davin follows right behind him. I am just waiting for Marcel or Julian to walk in so my assumptions are right.

   But Davin is the last to come in. He shuts the door behind him before turning to look at me.

   "Fancy seeing you here after the wreck you caused," Damien said after slipping his phone into his pocket.

   "I didn't do anything!" I snap at him. "I was the one who helped. I had no idea you guys had a beef or why you all did! Why am I in the middle of this? Shouldn't you be going after Marcel? Or is he with you guys, too? Was this all planned?!"

   The men look confused for a moment. Then they burst into laughter. "As much as that makes sense, he's not involved. He hates you anyway so I get it when you say that. Julian doesn't know but I think he hates you now and wouldn't even care if you are here."

   "I care."

   Everyone turns to see Julian standing by the door. I don't know what to feel. Maybe it's a joke and soon, they're all going to burst into laughter.

   But they don't. The trio looks apprehensive and Jamal clears his throat.

   Julian. I have never seen him look this angry. He looks hurt. He also looks betrayed and he's so fucking chill about it.

   His eyes darts towards me but not for long. "I need an explanation because I don't want to believe that this is fucking happening."

   Jamal shrugs. "If you need one, we're going to give it to you."

   "You threw her out, right? So we realized that you didn't want her. She fucking set us up and you choose her over us your friends. Glad to see that you were back to your senses, we decided to teach her a lesson."

   I can see Julian's internal turmoil from here. These are his best friends and he doesn't even know how to react.

   "Yes, I did. And that was a grave mistake on my part. But you all doing this to her for no reason? It's fucking low. She fucking saved us from Marcel!"

   "And you threw her out!" Damian snaps. "Now that you're here, why did you? There had to be some reason for that drastic action."

   Julian deadpans. "I don't think it's any of y'alls businesses anyways. You have just shown me how much of a friend you all are to me."

   "What? You're saying this because of her?" Davin asks. He looks shocked. So am I. It feels like a dream to see that Julian is supporting me.

   "Yes, I am. Maybe you all don't. But I see who she really is. We have put her through a lot and I fucking starting to think that one of you planned this."

   "Has to be Marcel. We only kidnapped her to make her pay for the hard time she put you through."

   "This is not highschool anymore. I don't think anyone of you have grown up."

   "Well, have you?" Jamal asks with a laugh.

   Julian's gaze rests on me. "Yes, I have. A lot. And I wouldn't do this to her if I were you guys. That's the difference. Let her go."

   "Don't the touch her." Julian changes his mind and comes over to me. I am still in shock. But he's loosening me up. His eyes are on me and he nutters softly into my ears. "I'm sorry. That's not fucking enough but I feel fucking terrible. I wasn't myself since you left and I want to redeem myself. For you. I want to be better. For you. You made me realize how shitty I am and I don't want to be that person anymore. For you."