Chapter 40

Leela's POV

The party is almost over and I smile in accomplishment as I watch everyone talk and drink wine. People have commended the food and the party theme, talking about how nice it is and asking for Jocelyn's number. I guess tonight ended well after all.

   Adelaide is still at the door and she's already wishing guests a good night as they leave. I need to find Jocelyn so I can share the reviews and good news with her. I'm sure she's in the kitchen because that's where I saw her enter.

   Getting to the kitchen, I only find Tiffany, Rosá and the Baker in the kitchen eating their meal. Jocelyn isn't with them.

   "Where's Jocelyn?"

   "Uhm, I have no idea," Tiffany says as she munches on her food.

   "She told me she was going to bed. She's really tired from having to run around. She's in her room," Rosá replies.

   "Alright. You girls tried so much today. I'm really happy this turned out well." I say to them. They really did a good job and I appreciate it.

   "We did our best. Today was a success," The baker says with a smile.

   Rosá and Tiffany glares at her but she doesn't see them. She is busy smiling at me.  I stifle a laugh as I notice the look my cooks gave the baker.

   "Tomorrow, we'll hold a little celebration and you all can take the day off, okay?"

   "Yes, ma'am."

   "Have a goodnight and make sure you eat to your fill!" I said as I left the room.

   As soon as I leave the kitchen, I am accosted by Adelaide. She looks quite worried. "Leela,"

   "What's wrong?" I ask while holding her by the arm.

   "Someone got into an accident,"

   My heart skyrockets as soon as she says that. "What happened?"

   "Someone crashed into your car,"

   "Are they okay?"

   "I have no idea. Let's go check them out."

Jocelyn's POV

"What else do you want from me?!"

Julian says nothing. He studies my face, every crevice, every blemish and marks. He looks down at me.

   "How can a woman I hate so much be this beautiful?" He whispers gently. "I can't hate you and still be attracted to you, you know that?"

   "Fuck off!" I spit.

   He ignores whatever I'm saying and it has me wondering if he takes pleasure in seeing me this way. "Your dress tonight," He looks down at the dress I'm wearing. "This dress. Did you wear it to seduce me?"

   I frown in confusion. "Seduce you?"

   "Yes. You knew I was coming, didn't you? You were already aware that I was the son of Leela, weren't you?"

   "I had no idea— hmph!" Julian takes a seat beside me and pushes me against the backrest of the seat. Now, I am helpless and breathing heavily as I glared at him.

   I notice he is watching the rise and fall of my cleavage with so much desire in his eyes. I am so angry but his stares are doing something to me, I have to be honest.

   The way he looks at me like I am the only thing that matters, like he no longer hates me.

   Fuck. I'm way over my head right now.

   Jocelyn, get a grip!

   "You wore that dress tonight because of me. I know. After rejecting you from working for me, you must have felt really angry. Any other woman would feel bad, question their intelligence and experience. But you were livid because you knew you deserved it. You know that was your place and you didn't get it. That was what you showed me tonight and I'm not going to lie, it was sexy as hell. Seeing you come up to Rita to ask her about my take on racism, it must have been annoying but I took it as a challenge."

   "Can you let me go now?"

   "Not until I am done with whatever I have to tell you."

   I relax a bit, waiting for him to continue.

   "I have never loved women with flared hips but yours looked so appealing in this dress tonight. I couldn't take my eyes off you. Whatever I felt towards you tonight was a mixture of great anger, disdain and attraction. Did you know that?"

   "I don't give a shit about whatever feelings you have towards me. Let me go, Julian!"

   His face is almost close to mine. I can feel his warm breath on my cheek and how it slowly moves from there to the nape of my neck. Resisting the urge to close my eyes, I struggle against him.

   "I love a woman that knows how to drive a man crazy without having to try. And you successfully did that. Too feisty and stubborn for her own good. I'm surprised it's much of a turn on to me. You're a dominant woman. "

   "Abi o ti ya werey, ni?!" I curse in my language. It's like you're moving mad?

   He looks taken aback by the change of language and bursts into laughter. "What did that mean? That sounds absolutely sexy. I might kiss you right now."

   "Kiss me and I'll show you what I am capable of doing!" I yelled and tried to move away from him but he pushed me back against the chair and placed his lips on mine.

   Did I freak out? I absolutely have no idea. But I know I pushed him so hard he hit his back against the armrest of the chair.

   Whack!

   As soon as my hand connects with his cheek, I gasp and stagger backwards. "Oh my God! I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to."

   But Julian laughs and stands to his feet. He's giving me that look that tells me to run and I keep staggering backwards till my back hurts the wall behind me.

   Closing my eyes and bracing for impact, I realize that he isn't coming after me to hit me.

   I feel his hand on my forehead as he pushes stray strands of my hair aside. "You're exciting, Jocelyn. One of the most exciting women I ever met."

   My eyes open slowly and I catch him looking at my lips with so much desire in his eyes.

   "If only you would let me kiss you."