Let the Games Begin

**Jaime's POV**

I unlocked the door to Vic's house. It had been a while since I had gotten to chill with him, so I decided to visit. I walked in and saw him and Kellin cuddled up together on the couch. My bones were suddenly filled with a feeling of jealousy. 

"Oh, hey Vic..Kel. I didn't mean to interrupt anything", I said nervously and began rubbing the back of my neck.

"It's okay Hime. Come on in", Kellin said. 

"Thanks", I said. I didn't need him inviting me into my best friend's house. He shouldn't even be here. I didn't even know that they had made up and gotten back together. 

I walked over to the couch and plopped down on the other side of Vic. "I've missed you buddy", I told him. 

"I've missed you too, Hime", he said and wrapped his free arm around my shoulders. My whole body instantly began to tingle and feel all funny inside. This had been happening alot lately whenever Vic touched me or even when he just looked at me. I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing Preciado?", Kellin playfully snapped at me.

"I think that I'm snuggling with my best bud! That's what I'm doing Bostwick!", I joked back.

"Whoa, Whoa! Chill! There's plenty Fuentes to go around!", Vic said and extended his arms to keep Kellin and I apart. 

Although we were just joking, I secretly wanted Vic all to myself in reality. I don't know how, but I had developed this massive crush on him about a year ago.. a while before he and Kellin began dating. No one knows about it but Tony and Mike. I didn't tell them.. they figured it out on their own. Recently though, it went from me having a crush on Vic to me being totally in love with him. I didn't even know that Vic was gay but I had planned on telling Vic the truth at one point and then he got engaged to Kellin and I realized how crazy he was about him. Then reality set in and I realized that I'd never have a chance with him. He had slipped through my fingers and I was left hopeless. 

I let out a fake laugh and stood up. "I only came to see what you guys were doing. I'm going back home", I said and headed for the door. 

"Wait. Why don't you stick around and chill with us for a bit?", Vic asked.

"Nah. I'm.. I'm tired. I need to go lay down..", I lied. I didn't want to hang with Vic while Kellin was around. I mean, I liked Kellin. He was funny and cool and he definitely partied hard. But I didn't want to see Vic's tongue down Kellin's throat. It had broken my heart the first time I had seen it happen. And every since then, whenever the two of them touched, it felt like Vic was stomping on the shattered pieces of my crushed soul.

I headed out the door and before I could unlock the door to my own home, a hand rested on my shoulder. I turned around to find Vic standing there. "Jaime what's really going on? I've known you long enough to know when you're lying to me", he said.

"Vic.. you wouldn't understand", I mumbled and finished opening my door and walked inside. He followed me in. 

"I could try", he persisted.

"No. I don't think it's that big a deal anyway", I continued to mumble.

"Well, if it's not a big deal, why won't you tell me?"

"Because it'll ruin things".

"What would it ruin?"

"Vic, drop it", I told him.

"I can't drop it Hime. It's bothering me to know that something's bothering you and you can't tell me what it is. You're my be-" Before Vic could finish rambling, I grabbed his face and crashed my lips into his. I was expecting him to push me away, but he didn't. Instead, I could've sworn that he began kissing me back. I couldn't really tell because we were interrupted.

"Vic?", Kellin stood in the doorway and stared dead at us in disbelief. Vic pulled away from me. 

"Kellin, please. It's not what it looked like", he said as Kellin turned and ran and Vic followed him. 

"Dammit!", I mumbled under my breath and chased them both. Kellin ran down the dirt road on the side of our houses.  Vic ran for as long as he could before he ran out of breath and stopped for a moment. I ran past him and continuously followed Kellin. After about 15 minutes of nonstop running, I found Kellin sitting on the deck we had by the lake. I walked over to him and sat across from him.

He stared out at the lake and didn't bother to look at me. "Kellin, please please believe me when I say that I kissed Vic. He came to my house only to see what was up with me and I kissed him. He didn't even kiss back... "

"I know", he whispered still without looking at me.

"You know?", I repeated.

"Yeah", he said.

"But.. how?"

"I'm gay Hime. I see how you look at him, how you smile whenever you see him smile. I could tell that you.. had a 'thing' for him. Vic was too naive to see but.. I did. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make something out of nothing...", he trailed off.

"Dude, I swear that I have a huge amount of respect for you and that I'd never come between you guys' relationship on purpose. It makes me happy to see Vic happy.. and he's apparently happy with you. I don't know what came over me".

He allowed himself to smile a little before he threw a pebble into the lake. Vic finally caught up and went to sit next to Kellin. "Baby, I - ", he began but Kel cut him off.

"I know babe. Jaime told me everything that I already knew", he said and kissed his cheek. 

"Ooookkkayy", he said in a confused manner.

"Listen Vic, I'm  sorry. I shouldn't have done it.. it was wrong.. and it was all my fault. I told you that it'd ruin everything. But you know, whatever", I said as I stood up and began walking back down the road.

Had I just messed up a perfectly good relationship with my best friend? I needed him. What had I done?