Dinner

After that little episode, the team went back to their room, with Jaune deciding to stay on the rooftop for a bit to "call his family".

Now, alone, Jaune decided to try some of Nameless' abilities.

He looked at Kanshou and Bakuya, before willing them to disappear. Jaune guessed that it was probably due to the lack of 'Gaia' that his magecraft was a bit better.

The Kanshou and Bakuya were not degraded in the least, not to mention he can keep them in the material world indefinitely unless he willed them to disappear.

"Okay, according to Nameless, you need to think of a mental trigger to activate your magic circuits ..." Jaune thought of his own mental trigger.

Magic Circuits are "opened" when Magical Energy is run through them for the first time. Based on their experience at that time, a Magus makes their own mental trigger to activate their Magic Circuits at will from then on.

For this reason, the triggers are different from each other and in an extreme case, self-injury can be regarded as a switch.

An unexpectedly large number of magi have sexual excitement as their triggers and moreover many of them rely on drugs.

Jaune imagined himself standing on a void, holding a gun on his hand. Slowly, he raised his hand and pointed the gun on his head.

Then, he pulled the trigger.

Bang!

Jaune felt his arms heating up as blue lines glowed on it.

Then, the words just flowed out of his mouth.

"Trace, on."

As he uttered those words, another pair of Kanshou and Bakuya materialized on his hands.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed in surprise.

It was at this moment that it totally clicked in; he has the abilities of nameless from his dreams!

He couldn't help but smile in excitement.

With this, isn't his dream of being a hero just around the corner?!

A hero! ...hero ...he lost his smile as he thought of what happened to nameless. Is it worth it? Will he end up the same as nameless in his dreams if he continue on embarking this path?

Is it hell he's walking to?

Nameless even mentioned that his dream of being is fake, brought about by his desire on wanting to continue his father's dream.

Was he right?

Jaune wanted to be a hero because his ancestors were heroes. Is his dream fake because he just 'borrowed' it from his ancestors?

No.

Jaune slapped his cheeks.

It was true that he wanted to be a hero like his ancestors when he was a child. That childish dream of wanting to be hero became something more.

Jaune is a liar. A faker. He can accept that, but he can't accept that his dream was a mistake. He can be wrong with everything, but not his dream. His dream is not a mistake!

He will become a hero. And continue what nameless gave up!

Nameless gave up his dream after suffering time and time again, but Jaune will never do that.

After all, the most charming point of a hero, is how they can endure more sufferings than normal people.

Jaune would use nameless' skills and abilities to be what he gave up! And become even better!