The World of Infinite Blades

"<I am, the bone of my sword,>"

Jaune Arc dreamed of a desolate world, with countless swords as grass, and a lonely hill. The sky was red, showing a sunset. With large gears floating above.

"<Steal is my body,>"

It hurts to breathe the air from this world. But Jaune continue moving forward.

He wanted to see just what is this place. Why were there so blades stabbed on the ground. He ignored his lungs that feels like they were being squeezed and did not halt his steps.

"<and fire is my blood,>"

Then, his perspective changed. He saw an auburn haired young man who dreamed of becoming an ally of justice; a hero.

He saw how much the young man suffered to achieve that goal. He abandoned everyone, and just continue walking forward.

"<I have created, over a thousand blades,>"

He saw the young man grow; stopping wars, helping civilians, and was praised by the masses.

Yet the man did not care for fame nor fortune, he simply wanted to save as much as possible, to become a hero he dreamed to be.

"<Unknown to death,>"

Eventually, people grew fearful of the 'hero'. For no one can understand him. No one can understand a man who wanted nothing but just helping others.

"<Nor known to life,>"

Then finally, a certain event happened that would change the life of the 'hero.'

Confronted by a calamity which had the potential of killing a hundred people before him, he decided to "make a contract" with the World to become a hero capable of producing miracles and become something "more" after his death.

He believed it to be a good deal; having the power to save the people before him, and continue saving more after his death.

"<Have withstood pain to create many weapons,>"

Although he desperately fought to end a war, he was in turn branded as the mastermind behind that war and subsequently executed because of the betrayal of his allies.

Although he died of betrayal, he did not hate mankind.

He smiled at them in his final moments.

"<Yet, those hands will never hold anything,>"

It was after his death that he came to regret ever making a contract with the "world".

His belief that he would continue to save many people after his death did happen.

But it was through being made to clean up after human actions and forced to take many lives to save humanity as a whole, instead of "saving everyone" - protecting humans without having to cause deaths of humans as he would have liked to.

"<So as I pray,>"

After seeing human self-destruction and forced to oppose his own ideals countless times, he began to deny himself and his ideal.

He tried every method to end his miserable existence, but ended up in a failure.

Again. Again. Again and again he was forced to kill against his will, all for the cause of guarding humanity.

Jaune couldn't take it.

He cried. Cried for the pain suffered by the man in red. Cried for the justice he carried. Cried for the people he killed to carry said justice.