One

Jet

I stood outside the room where all the girls did all that dance shit at. I'm tired as fuck, but my boys dumb asses begged me to stay here and wait with em while they girls finished practice.

The huge glass window stood from wall to wall, ceiling to floor letting us see all the action. The classical music came through the glass and to my ears making me tired. I closed my eyes leaning against the wall.

"Jet! I know yo big headed ass ain't falling asleep". I jumped and the boys laughed.

"Man shut up. If y'all aint ask me to stay withcha, then I'd be half way to my dorm room icing my damn legs".

"Maybe if you ain't go running your gums to coach you wouldn't have had to run them bleachers". Carter said doing his hand in a talking Motion.

I fanned him off, knowing he was right. "Plus I know you wanted to stay so you could see Yamina sexy ass". I looked down trying not to smile.

"Ooohhhhh". They all said laughing.

"Y'all shut up. The girl don't even like me like that. That's my best friend. Nothing more. Nothing less." I sat on the bench in the hall watching her.

"You like her though".

"Yeah I do but she probably don't like me back, we flirt but that's nothing". They smacked their lips, turning back to the window.

Mina came up to the glass where her things were and drunk from her water bottle. She looked my way and smiled with her cheeks full of water.

I waved laughing and she walked away going back to dancing.

Someone cleared their throat. I looked over and all 12 of them niggas was looking at me silly.

"Shut up and just watch man". She stood on her point shoes along with the other girls doing what the instructor told them to do. Her brown skin glistened with sweat as she moved, making her have this... This glow. Her black curly hair was in a bun showing the colorful humming bird tattoo on her neck.

Their instructor blue her whistle and chewed them off. The boys rushed in the room meaning practice was over. I sat in the hall on my phone till I heard a knock on the glass. Mina waved me inside and I quickly did as told. My legs were sore but she's worth it.

"Hi Minny".

"Hi". She hugged me and kissed my cheek. My heart nearly jumped out my chest.

"How was practice?" I groaned in annoyance and joined her on the floor as she untied the strings from her ankles.

"Coach had me running the bleachers cause I was talking out the side of my neck again". She smiled.

"That seems to get you in trouble a lot doesn't it?" I rolled my eyes.

"Not all the time". I'm on our schools football and track team. Its a months before track season and conditioning is whooping my ass.

"Well didn't he make you sit out two games during football season cause you were talking all that mess". She undid her hair letting the curls hit her shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't bring it up". She laughed and slipped her shoes in her duffle bag.

"Can you rub my feet when we get back to our room?" She looked at me like I had two heads.

"Eww no". She scrunched up her nose, making me laugh.

"Pleassseee. I'll run yours too". She looked up and tapped her chin.

"Are you gonna be gentle this time? Last time you almost broke my ankle being so rough". I smacked my lips.

"You just love bringing up the past don't you?".