Chapter 23 - Destiny

The rest of the Moscow trip was enjoyable but Kirill had been away a lot. Not having been back home in so long, he had a lot to attend to but made sure someone was with Mia guiding her through the city and taking her wherever she wanted to go.

She had a great time exploring and FaceTimed Viv one day while sitting at a rooftop cafe.

"Oh my God, you're alive! I thought the Russians ate you for dinner!" Viv yelled at her through laughter. Mia had not spoken to Carly since the morning of their fight but Carly leaned over Viv's shoulder and said a timid hello.

"I see you are on another adventure," she started slowly and took the phone away from Viv. They made small talk and Carly apologized for her behaviour. She showed Mia her new diamond ring; Ari had proposed in a lavish ceremony in Central Park at sunset. Mia was ecstatic to hear that the two love birds finally got together and was happy to hear that Carly asked her to be a bridesmaid.

The next day was her birthday and she was sitting with Kirill at dinner. He had showered her with love and gifts all day but kept the biggest one for last.

He presented her with a long jewelry box inside which was a diamond necklace laid out with large stones. She looked at it and thanked him, jumping on his lap to give him a kiss. She winced as her cut was still causing her pain.

"Baby, this is crazy! I could never get you anything remotely similar for your birthday, this is too much." She said wrapping her arms around his neck.

"This is nothing, I think it will sparkle so nice on your skin, while you're naked in front of me tonight." He winked and she smiled and kissed him. "But a gift for my birthday, you can always get. First of all, I lost your past birthday gift to me so we will have to replace it one day," he talked slowly while rubbing her thigh and she nodded, "and then, you can give me the biggest and best gift in the world...a child."

He looked at her unsure of how she would react. They didn't discuss kids yet but he wanted many and he hoped she was on the same page.

"Well..." she started, "I can't promise that it will be exactly for your birthday but I'm sure if we try really hard, we could figure something out." She broke into a huge smile. She was ready to start her life with him and she wanted a big wedding, many kids, and a home that was just theirs. She wanted to make dinners for him and she wanted to do all the regular wife things.

She reminisced about her previous attitude toward marriage and family and how she thought it was all boring and a trap. She knew it was because she hadn't met the right person, but he, he was it.

He felt so thrilled she was on his knees, flawless both in body and soul.

***
Almost a year had passed since their Russian trip and it was the day of Carly's wedding. Kirill and Mia's wedding was coming up in a few months and Mia tried not to stress too much. They had a very large number of guests planned, many coming from Russia and it was a lot to handle.

Standing in her bridesmaid's dress, face full of make up that she didn't usually wear and her hair in a big up do, she was sweating and looking forward to the day's end. All the girls had gathered at Carly's parent's house to get ready and it was almost time for the ceremony.

Kirill had planned a big surprise for the newlyweds. Ari had forgiven him for what had happened but Carly still held a grudge.

Discreetly, Mia involved Carly in the purchase of an apartment under the excuse that it was for her and Kirill. She made sure Carly absolutely loved the place and had asked her many times if she would live in it herself.

Kirill had bought Ari and Carly a sprawling four bedroom apartment and was planning to give them the gift at the wedding.

Kirill sat with all the guests, a white kippa on his head and looked forward to seeing Mia walk down the isle. There she appeared, holding another man by the arm and everyone disappeared for Kirill.

She looked stunning, in a flowing light blue dress and he thought she glided on air. He couldn't wait to see her walk toward him in their own ceremony and smiled at her a big silly smile.

She noticed how funny he looked in a kippa and winked and smiled at him when she passed him by.

The ceremony went well and everyone cheered for the happy bride and groom. Mia noticed how she'd never seen Ari this happy and Carly was glowing.

At the reception, Viv sat with Mia at the bridesmaid's table and Kirill had come over to quietly tell Mia how beautiful she looked. Viv loudly interrupted him with a drink in her hand,

"Hey, lovebirds, time for the big dance and they need your strength big boy." She pointed to the dance floor where they were calling for him to come over and help lift the bride and groom in their chairs.

Mia watched as the groomsmen welcomed him into their circle and laughing and hollering they all lifted Ari and Carly up in the air.

She felt fulfilled and overjoyed that Kirill was fully part of her life and she of his. He made her truly happy and his attention and love overpowered any doubts she might have had about how different they were. He was right, they were each other's destiny.

As Kirill laughed and danced with everyone he didn't know, he thought back to how he got here. He thanked God that he took the chance so many years ago and asked for her name. He had been through a lot in his life and everything bad was payment for hurt that he had caused.

He knew that he would never be able to pray his sins away but Mia, she was his gift from heaven.

He loved her with every fibre of his being and he would never let her go, never jeopardize what they had.

A chance encounter on a late night had changed their lives forever.

Thank you for reading! ❤️The sequel is now being published! It's darker and steamier so make sure to check it out on my profile: No More Good Girl