Chapter 16 - Damage

The track to this chapter is:
Distortion- LXST CXNTURY

Life went on cautiously after the day Tamik visited Mia. Yuri and Kirill met and increased her security three fold to make sure there were no surprises.

Kirill's birthday was coming up and Tamik and Dmitry planned a huge bash for him. All three men pretended that life was idyllic and everything was business as usual. The big party lasted into the night and Kirill's friends and business partners all showed up with their wives, girlfriends, and flavours of the month.

The event ran smoothly and besides a few disagreements at the bar, nobody was hurt. Both Tamik and Dmitry were acting like brothers to Kirill, toasting to his health and life, and his beautiful girlfriend and their future children. Kirill acted as if nothing was wrong and happily accepted all their toasts with hugs and jokes. On the inside, he was dying. He knew he was embracing two snakes who had their guns pointed at his back and he knew it would have to end sooner rather than later.

Yuri had warned Kirill that this night might be the one they would chose to get rid of him but Kirill knew they wouldn't touch him until he finished securing a new supplier and he took his time and extended the meeting for another few weeks.

Kirill was in a tough spot. He couldn't take out his partners for no visible reason as it would send a message of weakness and usurpation and he had to wait until they would strike first. He also knew they would probably try to target Mia so he watched over her like a hawk and had security constantly monitoring her every move. Mia didn't like the set up but didn't protest.

The morning of his birthday, Mia showed him his birthday present. As she was getting dressed, she casually turned with her back to him and he saw a tattoo on her butt cheek, just like the one they had jokingly discussed in the Bahamas months ago.

His name was written in cursive with little hearts for dots above the letters I. He grabbed her hips in pure amazement staring at the fresh tattoo and was fighting back tears. He worked hard at being an emotionless man but her presence in his life was changing him and he felt pure bliss in this moment.

"Oh my god, baby, what did you do?!" He called out staring at his name branded in her skin.

She slyly asked, "Do you like it?"

"Like it?! I... I love it!" He said looking up at her from where he was sitting on the bed. He turned her around and stood up to kiss her.

He suddenly turned serious and said,

"I love you." for the first time in his life. He was fully aware that she already knew that he was crazy about her but he had never said it before and now finally seemed to be the perfect time.

Mia smiled as she was on the verge of saying that herself to him a few times in the past months but wanted him to say it first.

"I love you too." She responded back smiling, "It would be crazy if I tattooed your name on my ass and thought you were just ok." She said jokingly. They spent the morning together and Kirill kept checking her tattoo and smiling at it like a school boy.

Easter was next week and like always, Viki invited all the girls to her house for Easter festivities. Mia brought Kirill to introduce him to her friends, she thought it was time. In between glasses of wine Viv cornered Mia alone and said with a smile,

"So does Kirill have a hot murderer brother? For me, you know, I want to live the life you lead too." Mia laughed at her words and was happy her best friend liked him.

"I wish it was all that easy and simple." Mia replied smiling. Viv looked at her surprised and answered,

"What? It's hard to hop on that big dick at the end of the day or difficult to have him wine and dine you?" She winked playfully. "But seriously. What's up?" She asked. Mia thought about how to respond.