Chapter 8 - Learn How To Ask

Indeed, all her things had been packed for her. She walked out of the shower to a Louis Vuitton duffel bag that did not belong to her, on the bed, along with one of her outfits neatly folded for her. The bag contained her clothes, shoes, and toiletries. From the type of clothes that was in there, she gathered she was on her way to somewhere warm.

She put on the lingerie and dress that was prepared for her, dried her hair, applied her moisturizer and walked out of the room. An older lady who was clearly the maid was setting up breakfast at the long dining table that was situated alongside the wall of windows.

"Good morning!" She almost sang. "Mr. Alekseev asked that you have breakfast, he will be back in thirty minutes to pick you up." The lady smiled and then asked "Would you like coffee or tea?" She spoke perfect English with no accent which somehow put Mia at ease.

"Coffee, please. Thank you" Mia said coming up to the table. She was starving and really did want a coffee.

"Um...how do I put this...who are you and where are we?" She asked the maid trying catch her gaze.

Clearly surprised at the strange questions, the maid answered,

"We are at Mr. Alekseev's home. I am his maid, I have worked for him for a year."

A year! Mia again felt like a sandbag hit her over the head. He said he just arrived! Did he say that? She was beginning to lose track of his murky story. She decided she didn't want to know anything more until he explained it all.

The incident in the shower showed her that he was not as scary as he made himself out to be, at least with her. She couldn't say the same for the pour soul last night. She realized she clearly had some pull over him and wanted to see what she could do with this new power.

She ate alone and had her coffee. Once she was finished, the maid reappeared from another room which Mia gathered was the kitchen.

"Thank you for the breakfast." Mia said politely. She thought that it was best to never lose your humanity, no matter the situation you were in.

Like clockwork, Kirill walked in exactly thirty minutes later. He had changed and looked casual and summery in his white linen shirt and black shorts. He held his phone and a set of keys in his hands.

Phone! In all the commotion of what had been happening Mia had completely forgotten about her phone whereabouts, in fact, where was her entire purse?

"You look lovely, perfect for our trip!" He said cheerfully as if it wasn't him who played a scary monster in the bathroom not even an hour ago.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going or am I going to have to wait until we get there?" Mia inquired.

"I will tell, but not yet. Come with me." He held out his hand while standing at the front door. Mia took a second, and then started walking across the entire apartment to reach him. As she approached him, he reached for her hand and grabbed it. Holding her, he walked out the door as a man came in to grab their things.

Holding her hand felt so exciting for him. He never really held anyone's hand like that before. Sure, he had sort of girlfriends before but he was very young and there wasn't a lot of hand holding. There were never any special women in his life, just one nighters or women he used to get him off.

He didn't want to be with anyone but her, he didn't want to hold anyone or passionately kiss anyone, he kept her image in his head the last ten years.

And now he was holding her hand, and he felt joy and amazement at how he managed to achieve it. Not without hiccups of course, but nonetheless, here he was. He was just hoping she wanted to hold his hand too.