Chapter 22 The hidden mist Part 1

Eve Pov:

"What the hell is this sh*t." complained Tayuya.

"What did you just say?" asked Karn with a bittersweet smile.

"N-nothing." Tayuya answered quickly. "But this mist is annoying. I know that you also find it annoying since it has some chakra infused into it. So neither your sensory abilities or the sharingan are of good use."

She was right the mist that was present almost everywhere in the water country was a problem. That is for sure. Oh yes after a week of training from the new Hokage in medical jutsu which was easy due to the sharingan copying everything we went to our destination. Well more like we led the new Hokage back to Konoha while Jiraya was ordered to strengthen the seal on Gaara and that pronto.

While the three namely Tsunade, Shizune and Naruto went back into Konoha we others went past Konoha and went towards Wave and Water country. And now here we are wading through the swamps to get to any allies we might find and aid them. So that they would bring us to their base. After all a promise is a promise.

A day or something like that later, it was hard to make it out due to the lack of a sun present in all of this mist we heard the sound of battle. As far as we could make it out there were several metal clangs most likely kunai that clash against each other.

We looked at each other and nodded. All of us then used the chameleon jutsu which we stole from Jiraya when he wasn't looking and trained it during the month between the preliminaries and the finals. It's just perfect that he uses it often to get around and not be seen by either women who he peeked on or his fans.

When we split up we surrounded the people and looked at them. The only problem was that we couldn't decide who to help. I then decided to just go out and make my presence known. Hoping that the ones who are trying to kill bloodline users would try to attack me.

So when I jumped down and spread my metal around me it became clear who to trust. And that would be nobody. "I-it is one of those demons. Kill the b*tch." The first shouted and all of them attacked me.

"Well that went well." But I didn't waste any time on them. Several metallic tendrils pierced through the chest of three of the five attackers while the last two were killed from behind by a blade through their heart.

"Looks like they are not all too welcoming to us. Most of all you." Tayuya snickered.

"It must have been a trap or them just training. Which would both be bad since either possibility would entail that there are allies nearby or for us enemies." Karin deduced.

I nodded and we decided to vanish once more. Angel helped us with illusions while Karin summoned a smaller water serpent just in case we would be attacked. They are one of the strongest summons in these lands after all with their high water affinity. Even the snake, slug and toad contract would have problems against them, just like my scorpion contract is the strongest in a desert.

But back to the mist. It was hell, everywhere we went, we met the so called purges. People that went to smaller villages or just houses in the nowhere to search for bloodline holders. Every time they noticed us we got rid of them, but that only seemed to alarm them in the long run.

And they seemed to have expected us since now we are standing in front of about two docent of those law enforcers.

"By the command of the Mizukage you are to lay down your weapons, let us bind you and be executed immediately after." One of them said while taking a step forward.

"Wait you are ordering us to die? Were you dropped once too many as a child? Who in their right mind would accept that?" Tayuya asked totally floored by their actions.

"You demons have no rights. You are just lesser creatures that have demon blood running through your veins and must be exterminated. So just lay down and take you-" He stopped a red chain stuck through his chest.

"Sorry but I got tired of him shouting bullsh*t." Tayuya said while retracting her chain back. "So why don't you all just die." And the battle began.

Karin jumped in and used a water jutsu which was blocked by a water jutsu of a jounin. But since the water of the two jutsu impeded his vision he was unaware of the sword coming at his throat until it was too late and his head was cleanly separated from his shoulders.

The other jounin and chunin attacked as well but were held back by chains coming out of Karin's back. Like angry and hungry snakes the chains dances around. The ones who wanted to attack her stepped back. ""Demons."" They shouted.

Suddenly some of them started to stagger and hold others to keep them standing upright. "Wh-what is going on?"

"Magnet style: Equilibrium disturbance." (It uses chakra to disturb the magnetic force around a person or place and makes them loose balance, die due to internal injuries or gives them motion sickness.)

The ones who were not dead, unable to stand straight or were afraid charged us. But their efforts were in vain. Some sword slashes and jutsu later they were dealt with, leaving only the ones out from the magnetic jutsu.

But as fate has it they died soon after. Not by any Uzumaki must be said tough. A man with blue hair jumped out of the woods and killed them in an instant. This surprised the Uzumaki since they thought he would attack them.

"You are Ao the hunter nin of the hidden mist. What are you doing here?" Asked Karin. "Also why do you have a byakugan implanted behind your eyepatch?"

"I was send here to find some girls that try to kill themselves and it seems I have found them. As for the second question, that is none of your business." He said coldly but not even a moment later his body was constricted by chains made out of chakra and a blade out of liquid metal was at his throat.

"Since your chakra is supressed you wouldn't have any nice words for us? Right?"

"Zabuza did not do you justice. Your way of making allies is questionable." The chains tightened. "Lady Mei is looking for you. And she send me to retrieve you."

"Mei? As in Mei Terumi. A member of the Terumi clan and possesses both the lave and boil release. As well as high A-rank kunoichi. So she is the one who is leading the rebellion. Tell me has she already reached S-rank? Otherwise the three of us would need to kill Yagura on our own."

"As if you could." He said with gritted teeth.

"Don't push us. Your village helped in destroying our clan. And do you know why it was destroyed? Because they feared us not just because we were strong but because a jinchuriki is weak to us. We can supress their chakra or seal it away. They are just regular shinobi that are overdependent on their second chakra source."

"Didn't I tell you not to aggravate them? As all redheads they have a very short fuse." A gruff voice came from the forest, where Ao came from.

"So he really is with the rebellion." Tayuya asked.

"As if a bloodline hater would implant a byakugan in his eye. He would be killed by his own friends."

"Then why detain him?" Tayuya asked perplexed.

"Because he annoyed us." Karin answered.