Chapter 36: Late Night Romance

Clary's POV

I had a smile on my lips as I turned away from Leon and walked towards the door. I didn't want to, really, but work was work and I couldn't just stay at home and kiss him all day, everyday. It was an appealing picture, but I couldn't live just on his kisses, could I ?!

Why not check it out? My inner voice taunted. I turned around, almost instinctually and grabbed him by his ties. He looked baffled, but a slow, sexy grin took over as I pressed my lips to his and kissed him a little bit longer than I had intended.

"What was that for? I am not complaining."

"Don't ever lie to me." I said as I stood on my tip toes and kissed again. "Don't ever be angry with me." I muttered as I pressed another kiss.

"I can't promise I won't be angry, but I will promise I won't stay angry. I mean, I can't."

"Good." I said as I grabbed my bag and he grabbed my hips.

"I can't wait for tonight." He said before he pulled me again and kissed me , gentle and teasing. Slow and seductive.

"I really need to go." I said as Noah honked again. That guy had the worst possible timing.

"Go." He pushed me forward, but his hand held on.

"Let go." I chuckled when he looked at me with wide hazel eyes, that promised everything good if I stayed. I could stay. But I had promised Isabelle that I would finish the design today .

I grabbed his palm and opened his fingers with a smile. "I will be here tonight." I said as I walked away. "Bye" I looked over my shoulder and waved at him and he was still staring at me , his eyes hooded with hints of promises.

Tonight. I wished it was already tonight. 🌃

I couldn't wait. I rubbed my palms against my heated cheeks before I opened the door.

As soon as I stepped inside the car, Noah whistled. I shook my head as I willed my face to stop blushing so much. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said about spending the night together.

Get it together, girl. I scolded myself. Yes, we had made up, and we would fight again and make up again, but nothing changed the fact that I was madly in love with him and I was his best friend.

Haha. Haahaa.

Fate sucks!

"Finally." He said as he stared at me with a smile. "You are back." He started the car.

"What are you talking about?" I shrunk my nose as he drove away.

"I am talking about how you looked like a walking corpse for past two days. Now your color is back. I suppose you made up with your moron of a husband." He said with a frown.

"He is not a moron, Noah ." I said with a frown.

In the last few days, I had become good friends with Noah , as I sat with him when he fine tuned his song to the point of obsessive perfection.

The final song was awesome, something I would hear over and over again. Something I would go to see with Alexis --who still couldn't believe I was friends with our celebrity crush.

Now Noah was not the angel they believed to be, not anymore for me. He was so down to earth and he was funny, honest and truly a good guy, except when it came to women.