Chapter 23 : Wedding Plans

Clary's POV:

When we reached the house, I was surprised to see so many people in it.

His whole family was here, even Grayson

They are here to plan the wedding, and here they were, all congregated in the living room, and apparently Sam opened for them.

"Leon, why can't I be your best man? Grayson is so boring." Layla said as Grayson grumbled next to her.

"No way. I am not risking anything. You and your twin are trouble and that is that."

"And I am not boring, Layla." Grayson said it with a pout. "I am all kinds of amazing."

"Who wants a pot roast?" Leon's mom asked as she put a tray in front of us. I was quick to grab a piece. I was hungry. Yes.

"I can be your best man, uncle Leon. We can invite a clown, you know. It will be fun." Landon said as he looked imploringly at Leon.

"I am sure it will be, buddy." Leon ruffled his hair, and he giggled.

"I can be Aunt Clary's best man." Logan said as he sat next to me. I laughed at him.

"Oh, you can be. I have a handsome best man."

"Then I want to be your best man too." Landon pouted and pulled away from Leon. Then he came and sat on the other side of me as I grinned at Leon victoriously. "Poor Leon," I said, and he smiled at me.

"Traitors." Leon said, looking at his nephews.

"Honey, you can wear your dad's suit. You know. " His mom said as she sat down on the couch. "This couch is made for sin."

"I love sinning, then." Mark, Logan's dad, said as he sat down next to his wife and took her hand in his. She snuggled close, and he kissed her on her forehead. It was like he didn't even realise he was doing it. It was like a reflex. But the smile on his face was one of contentment.

And my heart hurt seeing that.

It was the kind of love that could withstand years of hardships and trials.

It was the kind of love I wanted.

And I wouldn't find it with anyone except this man, who was now chuckling with his sisters and their husbands.

But this man had stamped an end date on our relationship.

Maybe he will fall in love with you too, you know. Don't be so pessimistic.

Oh, how I wish! But would he?

Let us hope, then.

"Mom, you know, I will look like a clown if I wear that. The clown Landon wanted." Leon said with a wave of his hand. "What are you thinking, mom?" He shook his head. His mom gave him a sheepish smile.

"She isn't thinking. Nah." Layla said.

"Ssh, don't hurt her feelings. You should wear that, you know. If she really wants that," I said, and he glared at me.

"No, it is alright, honey." Evelyn said with a smile.

"Princess, look. You know, my dad is shorter than me and wider, as well." He pushed his hands apart with a smirk. His sisters laughed, and Mark pouted.

"Leon. Ssh. That is just rude."

"I heard it. I am not wide. I am just growing in the opposite direction. It is the new trend. And Leon, I wasn't this wide before marriage, you know. So don't be too smug about it." He winked at his son.