Chapter 13 : Spending time and awkward moments

Clary's POV:

After our little talk in the pool, he went on swimming, and I got out and started watching him and thinking about him. I mean, he is attractive, and my god, how his muscles flex while swimming.

Damn ! I have to stop thinking about these things.

Why ?

Because he surely doesn't like me, and of course I don't like him either. It's just that we lust for each other, and that can be controlled.

OK, do as you wish.

(after a while)

We went up to our rooms to take a shower and change in order to go out for lunch. So now I'm in my closet looking for something to wear. I settled on a yellow sundress and a cardigan, and when I was finished with my hair and makeup, I started to go downstairs to find Leon already there, talking on the phone, wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, and I must admit, he looked good in everything. I stopped checking him out only to find him checking me out as well, which made me smile.

"You clean up nice," I said and laughed while he rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop being childish and let's go," he said, and he started going outside into the garage, which was full of different cars.

Then he went and grabbed the key for the Ferrari, and I went quickly and snatched it out of his hand so that I could drive it. And then I went to the car and started the engine, and then Leon came and sat in the passenger seat.

"You could've just asked me for the keys," he said.

"Would you have let me drive?" I asked, and he stood silent.

"Fine, just go. Do you even know where we are going?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No, but you can always tell me," I said, shrugging, and he told me the location of the restaurant we were going to, and I started driving, and he turned on the radio, and I recognised the song playing and started singing to it all while he was staring at me.

I turned to him and asked him, "What?"

"Nothing, you just have a nice voice," he said. I blushed, said a little thank you, and continued driving till we reached the restaurant. Then we parked, and when we got out of the car, Leon held my hand in his, and I looked at him confused.

"Just for the show, we have to show affection in public places, remember?" he said, and I nodded and let him lead the way.

When we reached our table, a waiter approached us.

"Good afternoon. Can I get your order?" He asked while smiling at me; he is quite handsome, so I smiled back at him.

" Sure . Can you give us a minute, please?" I asked, and he nodded and left, but stood in a corner looking at me, but I didn't care. I looked at Leon to ask him, What does he want to eat? to see him angry and clenching his jaw and his hands in fists on the table, and he was giving the waiter watching me a death glare.

OK, now I understand.

"What's wrong, Leon?" I asked innocently.

"Really, you don't know what's wrong?" He asked angrily, and I shook my head. "You were just flirting with that waiter."

" No i wasn't . He just smiled at me, and I smiled back. What's the problem with that?" I asked while hiding my smile.

"What's wrong is that I'm your fiancee and we are in a public place, so you should be smiling at me like that, not him," he said.

"I'm sorry okay ? I will only smile at you like that," I said, smirking, and I put my hand on his to reassure him. "Can you order the food now? Because I'm starving?"