two: so it begins

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, the Green Arrow and Flash helped us do it," the woman seconded.

Rip swiveled back as Elle eyed him curiously — this dude couldn't be serious. He had to be crazy. "And therein lay the problem. Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Heat Wave, or Mick Rory, if Elle remembered his name right (and she doubted that she did), inquired.

"Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate," informed the hawk man as if that was a completely normal thing to say.

"Yeah, I've done that," the blond beside Elle stated.

She snapped her head to her. "What?"

"And what the hell does this Randall guy got to do with us?" Mick Rory asked.

"Vandal," Rip corrected, though Elle couldn't blame Rory for not remembering the stupid guy's name; she had forgotten as well. The British man walked back again down the line to where he first was. "In the future, he will employ the evil he's perfected over his long life, and the power he has amassed throughout history, to finally conquer the world. I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him."

"How?" The blond asked the question Elle was thinking. She wasn't convinced this guy wasn't some crazed lunatic, but she had to admit she was curious about what he would say.

Rip waved his hand in the air. "To travel through time. To capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes."

"You got the wrong guy," Captain Cold — Leonard Snart? Elle guessed — stepped forward, moving past the acclaimed time traveler. "'Hero' ain't on my resume."

"Or mine," Snart's partner concurred, following his actions.

"I know it's difficult for you to fathom—"

"That's an understatement," Elle interrupted with some sass.

Rip glanced back at Elle, letting a huff pass his lips before returning to the two criminals who had stopped. "But where — when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes... You're legends."

"Legends?" Elle hadn't even taken note of the man in a blue and red metal suit at the far end of everyone, given that he hadn't uttered a word until just now. She studied his armor, thinking that Aiden would love to take a close look at the feat of engineering.

"I, um, hate to nitpick, but doesn't a legend have to be dead?" The man who had been beside Elle and the oldest one by far spoke. He and the metal man made their way up the line.

"Yeah, see, uh, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'm gonna pass," the other younger person said.

Elle leaned to the side, nodding in accord with him. "Yeah, me too, 'cause I kind of value my life."

"It's dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures, but I am here because each of you, as individuals, is destined for greatness."

That's when Rip lost Elle completely — she never believed for one second that her life was of greater importance to anyone. Hell, she thought that she was the most insignificant person on this planet, and one British guy in a brown coat wouldn't change that outlook for her.

But the metal man, on the other hand, well, he nodded at Rip. "I could get behind that."

Once more, he ambled towards the edge of the roof. Does all this guy do is pace around, Elle thought.

"And, because if you don't follow me, this is what is in store for your world one hundred and fifty years from now." He lifted his arm, which held some device, emitting a holographic projection across the sky.