𝟢𝟿 || 𝚂𝚒𝚐𝚗 𝙼𝚢 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝

Start from the beginning

I nodded as Judith continued to make loud noises as we passed a person walking a dog, "Do you always trust your gut in situations like these?" I asked.

Michonne nodded, "I do, and it's gotten me pretty far. I mean I had a good feeling about you after all," she pushed me.

I laughed pushing her back, "Well I'm glad your gut told you I was a good person, 'cause it led to me getting this," I pointed to the bandanna around my freshly cut hair.

"Oh yes, my bandanna," My friend let out a dramatic sigh. "You only became my friend so you could get that, didn't you?"

"How did you know?!" I matched her energy with a gasp, "Did you actually think a little girl like me would voluntarily become friends with a scary woman with a sword?" The two of us tried to hold it together before giggling.

That was probably the main reason I loved Michonne so much. Even during the most difficult circumstances she could always bring a smile to my face. Though ever since Deanna compared her to a mother figure I couldn't really unsee it.

But I was okay with that.

"What about you?" She asked as our laughter died down, "You liking this place?"

I simply shrugged, "It's nice."

"Just nice?"

I could feel my cringe turn as I tried to find some good in this place. I mean yes, it was nice but it seemed a little too nice to me. Maybe it was my trust issues but this place had to be too good to be true. There had to be something wrong about it here, I just needed to find out what it was.

"Yeah," I cringed. "It's just a little much for me. I haven't slept in a proper house since I was like twelve. I was kinda waiting for a walker to bang on our door to prove I wasn't dreaming."

She hummed, "Yeah I get that, but I feel like this place will be good for us."

"You think?"

"I know it," she reassured me. "And I know you will too. You might just need to get out there and meet some people here. Deanna said there's a couple kids your age."

"Yeah, and she also said I had to go to school with them too," I murmured.

Michonne stopped walking for a moment, "School?"

"Yeah. I know," I said flatly. "While you guys get jobs in the community I have to learn fractions. If they try to make me do a test on the periodic table I might take my chance with the walkers."

Judith made a grunt as I stopped pushing her stroller to look at Michonne, "Well maybe school here is different?" She tried to explain, "You're probably learning important things like what plants are edible and survival tactics."

I blew a raspberry making her give me the mother of all mother looks before I watched her face slowly sparkle as if she had just gained a devious idea, "Oh no..." I quickly started to push the stroller to escape whatever she had instored for me.

The last time I saw that sparkle Michonne had convinced the group it was a good idea to teach me how to drive, ending in Daryl violently throwing up on the side of the road.