Chapter 26

Heavy footsteps and some shifting of chain or metal belt echoed back from walls of a dark cave as a cybertronian walked up to a computer which was dimly lit, giving off very little hue into the pitch black. The cybertronian pushed a button and some crackling of electricity was heard throughout the cave. "You will be all we need..." A voice of a mech said. If he had a mouth he would be smirking like a mad scientist.

Five pairs of optics lit up in the darkness. Red, cyan, purple, neon green and light green. Sounds familiar or does it perhaps remind you something? Ah yes, the five types of energons. Red energon, normal energon, dark energon, Synthetic energon and Tox-en.

Wait, wait, wait...tox-en? Isn't it fatal for cybertronians? Actually, won't all these make you go crazy when all together? The answers to all these questions: yes, it does but when Shockwave had found a way around it and convert the Tox-en in to a less harmful fuel state it was perfect to be used as a weapon. About Dark energon and synthetic energon, it could be said that the vessel can get used to these energons if used carefully. Again Shockwave had been able to make a weapon from both and not just keep them as a fuel.

A low growl came from each pair of eyes. They started moving in their massive tube in which they had been resting. The dark liquid was drawn out of the tube and the glass opened to let the beast out. The five pair of eyes revealed itself to be a hydra like creature with two tails. It was almost impossible to make out the coloration of the creature due to the darkness around them.

"Seek them out." Came a command from the one eyed scientist. The beast didn't have to be told twice as it started making its way out. What or who is it after? Well, the autobots, of course. However, its main objective is the predacons that are sided with the said bots.

As the new beast became busy with searching its targets, in the autobots base it had become quite calm. Everyone had mostly healed from the scraplets event and were moving on with their lives. As the kids were with their guardians inside the base playing a game, playing some music or just chatting some of the predacons were outside patrolling around, which included Tornadoblade and Electroflash.

The two minicons, Metalwave and Skyfire, were twirling around each other in the air in a playing manner, sometimes gliding from pipe to pipe, railing to railing. They took some pauses every now and then but when one moved they started going all over again.

Lightning Shadow was on their ship with Natureskull, both being in their predacon forms while cuddling each other. Natureskull had his wing over his mate's body while nibbling on the femme's back of the head. Lightning Shadow didn't mind it at all as it was a relaxing moment she enjoys a lot. Their tails were curled around each other's. It was a cute sight to say the least.

While those two were relaxing Ratchet had gone back to his usual computer work. It was needed and he had honestly nothing better or useful to do around the base. Though he usually went overboard with his work, having restless nights and no time for himself which worried Optimus. He and Ratchet both knew that the medic was their only way of survival if anyone did get hurt, besides Natureskull. Optimus had tried to get Ratchet to take some time off but to no success as the medic continously rejected, saying the work was more important than his free time. Is it truly though?

As Ratchet was working on the computer to decode Razor Fang, Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Storm were in the training room. They were sparring and going against each other to see if femmes were better than mechs. They seemed quite equal if Razor Fang nor Storm used their beast forms. Darklight was watching them with Smokescreen. Darklight was cheering for the two femme predacons while Smokescreen was cheering for the two autobots. The four fighting did not mind at all their friend cheering them on.

Everyone really did seem to be at ease. However, was it the silence before a storm? No one knew. They could only hope that the silence really meant good even as they all knew that they still had decepticons to keep in check.

----------------

Author's note

Hello again everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It's been a long time yet again since I've published. Apologies for that 😅. I am also working on the drawing still. Though I've decided to redo it on a bigger canvas as well as add some color. Natureskull, Electroflash are fully done. Darklight, Metalwave and Tornadoblade are almost finished as well. Lightning Shadow, Storm, Razor Fang and Skyfire I haven't started yet. I am also usin some touch markers and so far it actually has come out surprisingly amazing. I hope to get it done soon and publish it with a bonus chapter that I had once promised. No worries, it is a WIP. It will come out sooner or later. Also the current chapter is being written at 1 am. I guess in bed really do come good ideas for everything huh? Anyways, catch you all in the next chapter.