𝒳𝐼𝐼. Born from nothing

Picture from: べにた on pixiv

~~~

Across the quiet vast space, silent, nothing but stars and planets decorate the darkness. Somewhere in the galaxy, particles condense over time till they take the shape of a sphere, a ball formed from pure unknown energy and power.

it wasn't human, nor God, least it wasn't a being yet.

It travels far, wanting to land somewhere. Years it travels till it finds its habitat. Earth.

Like a meteor it penetrates the atmosphere, cuts the clouds in two, destroys trees and land as it touches the ground. Only until then does the unknown formed object take shape within.

Landed somewhere near the beach where the ocean was, the first to notice turmoil was none other than the Tyrant of the sea.

~

The deity emerges from salt water but he was dry, he scan around the beach to find nothing, his feet stomp the stand with dominance as he strides his way to the dense trees, obstruct his path shall it be cut by his trident.

As the sea god made his way, he is greeted with trees being destroyed, a sinkhole in the middle, within was a yellow glowing big sphere. Poseidon senses its pure power exude, whatever was inside, it doesn't belong here on Midgard.

That day he left to get his brother Hades to come investigate this anomaly, it didn't take long for them to come back, safe and untouched due to its landing location no humans live around.

Hades under his young brother's lead reach the crash site, two elegantly landed in the hole inspecting.

"Do you know when it landed?" Hades ask Poseidon "few minutes ago" he boringly answered "strange indeed"

"there's something inside" Poseidon adds

"I feel it too brother, we can't quite open with bare hands" Hades hover his finger close only to get shock at, normal shocks are harmless to them, but this is no normal shock so it stings their god skin.

No further questions ask Poseidon stab his trident to the sphere, an invisible was pushing him away. His collision cause some power to burst out, a force pushing him away, so strong in fact the tyrant had to hold his trident with two hands, Hades join and thrust his Bident, with both hands.

Together they overpowered the protection of the orb, its surface began to crack, their weapon starts to sink in, the power seeping from the crack was suffocating.

By sheer power the sphere broke, a blinding light blinds the two deities as it splits in two. Regaining their sights, two brothers peek over to see something they never expected.

A baby curled up in the center with its eyes still closed, Hades bent closer to check whether it's alive, its mouth subtly open and closed breathing life.

Poseidon looks from aside as his brother pick it up "what is that" he blunts "that's a baby Poseidon, you use to look like that" Hades chuckled, earning a quiet groan from the sea god didn't like being tease by his brother.