𝒳. A God Beginnings.

You got your delicious fresh-made order on a silver tray, golden tableware. To anyone this was highly served, the taste would be undoubtably marvelous.

Antithetically, for someone whose mood just got extinguished this dish is nothing but plain food on a plate. The passion to eat was gone less than a few minutes. But you still eat anyway.

~

"what's wrong, bad food?" Buddha resting his head on his hand, for some reason you don't feel like answering, if you did it won't come out nicely, choosing to ignore him instead.

In your mind the voice of others constantly play in your ears, they're not particularly criticizing you but more like "who is that?" "never seen that god before" "does he side with humanity like buddha?" or words praising buddha winning a score for them.

the equivalent of a mosquito flying around your ear, it guts unbearably annoying the longer it gets, you couldn't hear anything besides voice along with your heart gradually getting louder. Vison of faces when they look towards you compare towards Buddha. The treatment.

You can't help but wonder if Zeus keeping you hidden was to help Valhalla or just to have you suffer, was this mind-reading a curse or a blessing. Was your mere exitance to help or destroy.

The first to notice the shift of atmosphere was Buddha, his guard went up. You just slightly lifted your arm and Buddha already has his hand on it. You stare up meeting with his straight face.

The future he see was you single-handedly chop the head of every human in this room, blood spill everywhere. So fast their eyes didn't get to blink.

His hand lightly squeezes your wrist, it quivers while you hold a neutral face, trying to calm the waves in you. Tones of eyes sets on both of you simply this action.

They watch you stand, the moment you turn your face to them, a familiar blood-curdling feeling rise the hair of theirs, same one as from the King of sea, Poseidon.

Dare not to utter a word their teeth clinch together; atmosphere suddenly turns cold like the depth of the sea. It lasts until your presence is completely out of sight.

~

On your way back you feel annoyed not having a full stomach, all because of the unstable stare you were in to trigger your mind reading. Your mind read is activate automatically whenever you feel uneasy, doubt, or unstable state of feelings. One reason you try to be equanimity, control your composure.

Wasn't much of success since Buddha by your side.

You walk with still groans coming from your stomach "guess I'll make my own" you thought, having some cookbooks store in your space.

"Ever thought of take-out?" Buddha voice coming behind, a bag of well-packed food he hold.

...

Two deities under the banyan tree, side to side. "Buddha do you care humanity that much" you questioned; stuffing a bite.

"a little"

"Then why did you stop me"

"You do know I was once human, though I don't really care about my family I care about a relative brother of mine"