𝐼𝐼𝐼. Commonality

As the days followed, Buddha would come to your land and sit under one of the flower trees eating his huge basket of snacks, you know but it doesn't bother you, it was nice to have company either way.

But this occurrence wasn't something you see often, since you sleep in the day and work at night, only seldom would you walk in the day. Your routine was upside down.

Because of that you were unaware that Buddha came to visit during the day, but you were mostly asleep.

If Buddha wants to see you, is nothing but luck to be blunt. He wasn't someone who's interest with Gods or human, but you somehow hooked his interest.

He had this desire to dig what's more to you.

...

As time pass you heard there was meeting amongst the Gods, it was about humanity's exitance, you don't know the details since you have no interest in such things, you stand neither side.

Apparently so is Buddha.

After that meeting, you were walking through the halls of the main island, as you did you heard footsteps seemingly closing on you.

Around the corner you spot one of eldest Valkyrie Brunhilde, you cease your tracks as so did Brunhilde, her emerald eyes beam to your wisdom ones.

"To what matter do you seek from me?" You question politely, she bows slightly with her palms on heart showing respect.

"I apologize for such interruptions lord y/n" her head raise, you could feel the atmosphere change, intense and serious.

"You hold knowledge many don't know, I wish to seek all known powerful human worriers, all of them." her stoic tone makes it an order than a request.

"To defeat whom?"

"The Gods" your expression stiffens solemnly "you want to save humanity?" There were no words, but her eyes speaks loud volumes.

You survey for a moment before agreeing "I'll sent you their information later. But do mind me asking, how are you going to have mere human damage a god?" Brunhilde allow a smile to slip "I've sought someone for that matter"

With mind-reading power, you had the answer to that someone "I see" you walk past her, continue your walk.

...

You reached an island with nothing but a single banyan, under it was the one an only Buddha eating with his huge portion of snacks.

Walking through the soft grass you can feel the tip brush against your soft skin, you stood under the giant tree behind Buddha.

He knows your presence but continue to eat "May I ask you something Buddha?" you knee down beside him. He gives no answer continues to chew and tear new ones throwing it in his mouth.

"Did Brunhilde pay you a visit"

There was a short pause before he swallows what's inside his mouth "yeah" he utters.

you sit down wanting to hear more "is there details to it?" a breeze blow by as you ask.

Buddha unwrap another of his sweet chewing them "no"

"really?" giving a half-hearted curiousity

"mhm"

"Which do you stand Buddha"

"None. You shared too didn't you"

You chuckled "yes"

You began reading the book you hold under the bayan tree besides the Indian God with a distence, it was a quiet and peaceful moment the two deities share. None loathe each other, instead liking the company.

"You know" the God breaking the silent barrier

"we aren't so different after all"

You glance to him and find he'd sit up entirely focused on you, his legs cross resting his head with one hand supporting, his face hangs a soft genuine smile with two fangs protrude from his lips.

His Cerulean eyes piecing to yours, they were like the sky above. You had this weird feeling in your stomach you never experience, you don't understand what sort of action it leads you.

You turn away regaining your composure "and what makes you have such thoughts" continue flipping the old pages of ancient writing of the book as your glaze left his.

"You don't think so?" His voice holds a playful demeanor, sourcing the sound you look up, he stands tall, silks of his hair falls in front on his face, some longer ones almost reaching your face, it wavers by the breeze passing by. 

As if the light was attract to him, his eyes flicker and the sun shimmer through the trees towards you, those would hit directly in your eyes were shield by Buddha.

"I do think we share a few things in common" defeated by his pursued you answering him "and what do you think we share, Buddha" you inquire whilst stand closing the old book you had once focus.

Budda rubs his chin with a thinking face of his "you like sweets, you do what you want, eh.."

He froze in that last part finding words to continue, like his brain crashes. it triggers a laugh that you never thought you would; but you did.

The sound of laughter broke his trance, as if he was staring at another person, heartful, innocent and pure laughter coming from a Goddess that feels like the mix of Hades and Poseidon.

Your laughter eventually subside, letting a good sigh not having to express this way. You decrease the distence looking up at him slightly "I await of you telling me what commonality we share, do enlighten me Buddha, as you seem to have many mystery yourself" both of you stare at each other for awhile like both of you were reading each other.

Buddha was the first to break the connection "hmph, just so you wait, don't act like you know what I'm capable of" walking down the hill he disappears over the waver like grass.

"But I could guess" you mutter. shifting glance over the endless extended skies with other floating islands.