Chapter 61: Paranormal Liberation Front, Part 1

A/N: Some liberties were taken by me in writing this war, so some things don't match perfectly to the time line. Also, this story is wrapping up in these final three chapters.

That warning that Midoriya had gotten from the past wielders of One For All... Well, it came to fruition sooner than any of us anticipated.

Not long after his first contact with them, we all started our second round of work studies. Shiketsu was also doing their own round of work studies at the same time, and I felt so bad for Inasa that I got to intern with our father and he couldn't, but he told me he was fine interning under Tempest at our father's agency. Though he did mildly complain to me that she would only take him on short patrols and then would leave him with other heroes at the agency, claiming she was working on a bigger case that he couldn't be a part of. He ultimately ended up learning more and enjoying his time with the other heroes, so his complaining wasn't much, but it did strike me as odd. Especially since during my own work study there I was involved in a highly classified case, so I wondered what she was working on that she couldn't include him on.

For my own work study, I actually chose to join Sir Nighteye's agency. I wanted to branch out and explore different types of hero work besides just rescue and nature attacks, and I figured now would be a great time to try a more crime case based agency. Plus, since Sir sent me a letter and asked me directly, I was honored and didn't turn down the opportunity.

Midoriya was a little sad that I got an offer to join Sir and he didn't get asked to come back, but before he even had finished his sad sentence, Todoroki had offered to have him join his work study with Endeavor. Alongside Katsuki, of all people. Those three having to work together, I actually felt pity for the flame hero, but I know he would put up with it to get back into his son's good graces.

Eijiro went back to Fat Gum's agency with Amajiki again, but this time he also brought along his knock-off from class 1-B, Tetsutetsu. I love Eijiro immensely, but him together with his knock off is a bit much at times. It almost makes me understand why some people say me and Inasa are too much at times. Almost.

During my week-long work study under Sir Nighteye, he was able to finally get his new support item fitted on. His new arm will take him time to get used to, but outwardly we would never have guessed that. He went out on a patrol not even fifteen minutes after having it installed. Mirio and I followed after him like little worried ducks, but Sir carried himself as if he was wielding his own arm and not a hunk of metal.

A case that Sir had started working on before I came on the work study was worrisome. He was tracking patterns and movements of certain heroes after one whole city had been wiped out by villains. All signs pointed that it was the League of Villains, but they kept quiet if it was them. Them being quiet is worrisome, and so that's what Sir has been tracking. He thinks the random hero disappearances are related to the League, and with this new book circulating called the Paranormal Liberation War.

During my work study under him, we spent a lot of time researching, watching, observing, and patrolling silently. It was a different type of work than what Hawks or Gale Storm do, but the work almost felt more important, despite not resulting directly into any lives saved. I'm used to a hands-on approach, so all this hypothetical and theories approach is new to me, but it's helping me think more about the future.

Sir's whole approach at his hero work is predicting the future, both with and without his quirk. He's taught Mirio on how to predict moves, and he's helped me grow more in being able to predict as well, instead of just reacting in the moment. Mirio and I trained every day to improve both my prediction skills and his ability to adapt to my quirk and learn to phase through my wind. We both improved under Sir's watchful eyes, and we would need all the improvement we can get.