Chapter 44: The Big Three

I have never before been more thankful for my morning training times with Shinso. I didn't want to face Eijiro this morning after his accusations last night. They hurt, honestly they hurt a lot more than the bruises I received from training. I would understand his point of view if I had been dishonest or maybe if I didn't try to reach out to him first, but really I left no room for him to doubt me so much.

I know Eijiro and I haven't been a couple for a very long time, but we have been friends for half a year now. Maybe I tried to move the relationship along too fast? I know I started to seek him out more often for hugs and such, maybe it was all too much too quick? I could use advice on this, but I want it from a woman's perspective, and I just don't think Ochaco or Mina or any of the other girls could give me any advice that I need. None of them have been in relationships before.

Twin-nado 🌪️: Dad and I will be at UA to get you at 8am tomorrow, will you be ready by then?

Eye of the Storm 🌪️: Yeah, I'll be ready, see you then.

Perhaps tomorrow I can get some clarity. It might actually be exactly what I need.

As per usual, I arrived last in the class, right as the bell rang. This time was a little more deliberate though, I wanted to avoid talking to people. I noticed Midoriya was back in class today, he had an intense look of concentration on his face. It almost looked like steam was coming out of his nose, it was kind of funny.

"Morning." Aizawa says lazily, walking into class to start the day. "Now that Midoriya is back, I can go into more details about the work studies." He says, and I tilt my head curiously. I wasn't there the day that the work studies were talked about because it was during my own house arrest, but I overheard Mashirao and Hagakure talking about them. I know a bit about what they entail because my dad's agency always has some work studies students. I have no doubt he'll be offering one to Inasa once he gets his license.

I guess I spaced out for a minute, because the door to the classroom opened and three students walked in. I recognize the big blonde guy, he usually jogs in the morning on my same route. He has a friendly and upbeat smile and we've exchanged some pleasantries before, but I don't know his name. The other two students are a pretty girl with super long periwinkle hair who's bouncing with energy and a cute boy with elf ears who looks like he wants to go home.

"Let's get the introductions over with. Start with Amajiki." Aizawa says, already bored of the situation.

The elf boy with indigo hair looked up from the floor at the sound of his name and gave the class such an intense stare, it sent shivers down my spine. I thought for a moment he was about to say something really inspiring or cool, but instead he just started shaking and mumbling about potatoes. Then he abruptly turned around to the wall behind him, his forehead pressed against it, saying he wanted to go home.

"This is our kitten, Tamaki Amajiki." The periwinkle girl introduced the shaking boy after a moment of teasing him, then introduced herself. "I'm Nejire Hado. I'm supposed to talk about work studies, you first years have a really exciting time ahead of you. Hey wait, hold on, why are you wearing a mask?" She gets instantly distracted and goes up to Shoji, getting right into his face.

She actually gets distracted very easily, it seems. Before even waiting for a reply from Shoji, she moves on from student to student, asking invasive questions to each of them as she goes. I'm grinning at her, actually standing up from my seat in excitement. She's just like me!

"Um, Yoarashi, is she by chance related to you as well?" Midoriya asks, him and almost the entire class giving me a judgmental look as I grin excitedly at the girl while she's poking at Mina's horns.