Chapter 14: Sports Festival Part 4, Tournament Semi-Finals

Watching Midoriya fight all out against Todoroki was... an interesting experience for me. Todokori's speed, reflexes, and overall strength with his ice and his movements are begrudgingly impressive. Midoriya's sheer force with his power is equally impressive, even if he's breaking his fingers just to counter the incoming ice. Bakugo and I ended up having to explain a few things about quirk limits to our classmates since they were comparing us both to Todoroki on how powerful we are.

Midoriya managed to exploit Todoroki's weakness during the fight, but it was at the expense of breaking his already broken fingers again. Once he was yelling, we could hear what he was saying to the icy hot bastard. Midoriya was egging him on, trying to get him to use his left side for some reason despite the fact that he was barely countering his ice side. My thoughts had drifted to the conversation I had overheard between Todoroki and his father earlier and made me wonder if Midoriya also heard it.

I've never before seen the look in Todoroki's eye that he had once he started using his flames. For once, there were real feelings in him, feelings I could see from even up in the stands. That first lick of his flames taking over his left side practically transformed him before our very eyes. The heat that hit us up in the stands was intense, we all had to brace ourselves from it once he unleashed himself.

"YES SHOTO!!!" Endeavor screams loudly once Todoroki used his fire, walking down the stairs of the stadium to come to the lowest tier and talk to his son. "Have you finally realized your purpose? That's it! Very good! This is the dawn of a new era! With my blood in your veins, you will surpass me! You will live up to the reason I created you!"

"Endeavor shouts words of... Encouragement?" Present Mic is the first thing to break the awkward silence after the rather off-sounding support from the Number Two hero.

Todoroki's father clearly supports him as being a hero... But after the few interactions/observations with my favorite hero today, it makes me question some things. Endeavor clearly supports his son in this, but it makes me wonder if he supports his son in anything else. And that's twice now he said that he 'created' Todoroki, as if he was an experiment. It makes me compare him to my own father. My father may not support my dream, but he does support other things that I do.

I didn't have too long to dwell on my ethical dilemma I was having. Todoroki and Midoriya both started to power up their own full powered attacks. Cementoss and Midnight both went into action to block the hits from landing, but it was only just barely in time and couldn't stop the effects of the attacks. I jumped out of my seat and used my quirk to block the fierce wind pressure from the attack for both my class and for class 1-B since they were close. I was still being pushed back by it, but strong arms held me in place so I kept pushing more wind against the attack.

"Whoa, good job Irisa, thanks. That was insane!" Kirishima says in awe from behind me as he lets me go after the attack ended.

"Thanks for being my solid rock, Kiri." I grin at my sturdy friend in thanks, making him blush as he grins at me as well.

The dust cleared and showed Midoriya knocked out of bounds and Todoroki looking shocked at the results of the attack. Cementoss announced that it would be some time before my match because he had to do repairs, so I went down to the waiting room with Iida, though we both took separate waiting areas to mentally prepare for our match.

"AFTER THAT EXCITING AND GRUELING MATCH, LET'S MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE!" Present Mic announces about 20 minutes later as Iida and I step out of our respective entrances and take the arena floor. "THIS IS A MATCH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, SPEED VERSUS SPEED! BOTH FROM THE HERO COURSE CLASS 1-A, THE ENGINE POWERED TENYA IIDA AGAINST THE WIND MISTRESS IRISA YOARASHI!"

Did Present Mic really just call me a 'wind mistress'? I turned up to the announcers box and gave him a deadpan expression to show I wasn't amused with his lame title. His awkward chuckling echoed through the speakers as I sighed and turned to face my opponent.