Chapter 20: Improvements

I felt like my head barely hit my pillow before I was already slamming my alarm clock to turn off the next morning. I had stayed up so late with Inasa last night that I nearly forgot I was resuming my morning training with Shinso this morning. And what's worse, after a week of being able to fly around everywhere, the thought of jogging on the ground this morning was just so lame that it wasn't doing much to lull me out of bed in time.

As a result, I was late to training, which sucked for me. Shinso learned by our second training session that I'm notoriously late, though I think Aizawa secretly told him, and he ended up working in a penalty for me if I'm late to our trainings. It's not too bad of a penalty, I just have to get coffee's for us all before classes start, but it still stings to lose. At least there's a conveniently located coffee stand right outside the school gates for us three insomniacs.

"Geez, and you make fun of my eye bags." Shinso teases me in between strikes as we spar that morning. He's spent the last week exclusive training with Aizawa, and I can already see improvements. He's becoming slightly more of a challenge now, but still not on my level.

"Oh please, my eye bags are only half as bad as yours." I counter his statement as I also smoothly counter his strike and take him down to the mat. I pin him until he taps out, then I help him back up and we resume.

"I dunno, they look like they rival mine. Didn't sleep while you were with bird man?" He asks lightly. He started to become chattier after the second training when I opened up a bit more about why I trained myself and my back story, and I ended up learning his about how his old classmates called him a future villain.

"No, mine are only half as bad as yours because I only have half as many eyes. Logic." I say smartly and casually. My complete self-depreciating attitude to my own handicap caused him to freeze for just a second to deadpan at me, and I used that to my advantage and pinned him again.

"Always be ready for your opponents words to throw you off, Shinso." Aizawa drawls out in amusement as I help the boy up. "Your quirk's advantage is words, so you always have to be ready to come back from any responses, even ridiculous ones like Yoarashi uses." I chuckle at his words as we continue fighting, but Aizawa has a different plan. "Yoarashi, I want you to start to use your quirk now to increase your speed and strength by 50%. He's been fighting me for the last week, so he's used to fighting someone more experienced and stronger. Use your quirk to challenge him more, but also get used to using it to gain advantages over your own future enemies."

"Are you sure?" I ask both of them for confirmation, of which only Aizawa nods. Shinso, who's already sweating and breathing hard, looks like he wants to die at the thought of fighting me with more strength and speed. "All right then." I shrug and then smirk, gathering a bit of wind in my hands and feet. "Show me you can keep up, Love Child."

Shinso could, in fact, not keep up with me. Aizawa finally took pity on the boy when there was 20 minutes before class, so he released us to shower and change, giving me just enough time to run and grab us all coffees before we parted ways.

I actually managed to get to class a whole six minutes early today as I walked in with my cup of magical life in my hand. And those six minutes were invaluable when I caught sight of a certain severally pissed off blonde boy.

"Oh my god who ruined you?" I blanch out at Bakugo as I see his normally spiky hair neatly combed and parted and looking oddly very shiny. It took me a moment to think of why he would look like this, and when I remembered who he interned with. I then broke into full belly laughs as I sat on top of my own desk to stare down at him. "Oh geez that's even worse than when Jeanist put a toupee on my dad. Kaminari! Electrocute him to make his hair spike again!" I point for the laughing yellow haired boy to fix the angry ash blonde.