Chapter 23: Swimming and Smoothies

The next few weeks of summer passed wonderfully. Inasa and I got more training from our dad, and home was starting to feel a lot more like, well, 'home'. It hasn't been this happy here since before mom died. I just had the added bonus of having friends now as well that give me a solid reason to leave the house, like today.

The girls all wanted to have a day playing at the school pool together, so that's how I happily found myself in the school issued swimsuits, stretching on the side of the pool along with them before we spent the day goofing off in the water. My special waterproof sealing eyepatch was a little on the tight side, but otherwise I was looking forward to letting loose and having fun today.

It wasn't until the boys all stepped out of the locker rooms that I realized I might have one more issue than just my patch.

"Irisa, your nose is bleeding." Tsu points out as I stare at all the guys. "And you're staring." She adds with a deadpan.

"Circuits fried, Irisa has stopped working, please reboot." I robotically say as my eyes struggle to stop looking at all the abs. I knew Shoji was going to be jacked, and I've seen Mashirao shirtless plenty of times, but a few of the classmates were a surprise to me. Iida is ripped, which feels wrong on so many levels, same with little Midoriya. Todoroki has a very nice body as well, and so do many of the other boys.

I slap myself hard across the cheek to reset myself, turning away from the boys casually and having them already be old news. It was just all too much at once, but once I 'reset', I was good to go.

"Now you're bleeding more." Hagakure giggles out to me, my slap having bruised my face and hurt my nose, but it also did its job. Momo created a first aid kit and wiped away my blood quickly, used to having to make those for me by now.

"Sorry about that, all good now." I brush it off casually, and they all shrug in response.

We girls spent hours just playing in the water. We played volleyball and tag and other fun water games, all while the boys looked like they were going to die from their intense endurance training. I tried to avoid completely going underwater. I knew my new eyepatch could handle it, but I've also had old ones that didn't block the water enough. Chlorine burns a lot in my injured eye, so I do try and avoid it where I can.

While I was relaxing on the edge of the pool with Uraraka, two additional classmates joined the boy's side, and again I short circuited. I know I've seen Kirishima's bare chest before because his hero costume is so revealing, but seeing even more of his body today? Too much. And then there was Bakugo, who stomped around with a perfect muscular build as well.

"Irisa?" Uraraka asks as she waves a hand in front of my face. "Not again." She sighs when I give no reaction. "Irisa!!!" She yells out loudly, effectively snapping me out of my daze but also drawing the gaze of the two boys I was staring at, who both now totally know I was staring. I felt my face flush red as I turned a look of betrayal to my friend.

"That was cruel!" I fake cry to Uraraka as I cover my face in my hands.

"That was hilarious." She counters with a giggle. "I couldn't tell which one you were staring at, but you were so lost. So tell me, which one was it? Huh? Huh?" She nudges me multiple times to get me to answer.

"Oh please don't make me answer." I grimace quietly.

She squeals quietly in victory from my answer. "Oh my gosh, it was both, wasn't it?!" She says a little too loudly, so I put my hand over her mouth and shush her.

"You keep teasing me and I'll fly you right into Midoriya's bare chest." I counter her with a challenging glare, and her face turns cherry red in response as she clamps her mouth shut. "That's what I thought."