Chapter 48: Shie Hassaikai

My mind was made up about the work studies by the time the sun rose. I already had morning training with Aizawa and Shinso anyway, so I just made my way down to meet with them to tell my teacher my choice.

"Aizawa, I've made my choice for the work study." I tell my teacher once I see him, and he sighs and looks a little apologetically at me, which makes me curious as to why.

"Actually, about that." Aizawa sighs in annoyance. "One of your offers was revoked this morning. Once Endeavor found out who your other offers were, he rescinded his work study offer for you."

"What, why?" I ask, wondering why that happened.

"He didn't say." He answers with a grumble. "The most his email said was that he would offer again at a later date."

"Well that's odd..." I hum out in thought. "He wasn't who I chose anyway, but that does make my conscious a bit clearer since I did want to work with him eventually. I'm choosing Gale Storm. I know the risk of working with my father, that he might not let me actually do anything, but it's a risk I'm willing to take if it means I have a chance to prove my worth. I won't be satisfied until I can make him say the words that he's proud of me as a hero, and really truly mean it." I say with determination.

"Fine, I'll let Hawks know and I'll have the paperwork ready for the Gale Storm Agency by the time class starts. Now stop dawdling, you two have work to do." He says, sending me to get warmed up with Shinso.

"So you're finally going to work with your dad?" Shinso asks as we stretch.

"Yup!" I say happily. "I think it'll be fun, he's been acting more open and fun like his old self these days. Plus I think he could help me out a bunch with field experience. It helps I already know everyone at the agency too, so even if I'm stuck working with some sidekick of his or one of the other Pro's, I'll still have a valuable time."

"Suit yourself, I probably would have chosen the number one though." He says, then takes up a fighting stance.

"Oh please, with your noodle arms? He'd chew you up and spit you out." I tease, looking at his now buff arms that aren't noodle like at all anymore, but I'm never letting the joke drop.

"They're stronger than yours now." He smirks back arrogantly, happy that his hits have actually been landing and hurting me lately, showing the growth he's been making over the months of training together.

"Whatever you say, stud." I grin at him before boosting myself with my wind to strike him fast and throw him to the ground. "I'll still win every time." He kicks out my feet from under me, making me fall because I was gloating, and then pins me down.

"Hmmm, you don't look like you're winning to me." He grins cockily down at me.

"Ya got me there, why don't I blow you a kiss." I fake pucker my lips, then blow out some air that I turn into a good sized tornado and blow him off of me and onto his back as I roar with laughter.

"Stop flirting." Aizawa yells out. "Shinso, I never said quirks were off limits, you had multiple opportunities to use yours on her. Yoarashi, stop gloating so much after short victories, keep your eye peeled on your surroundings so you're not caught off guard. And seriously, stop flirting so much."

"At this point, we do it just to irritate you." I tease my teacher, turning back to face my opponent as he stands back up. "Ready?" I smirk as I form little tornadoes on my fists.

"Oh please, you think I'm going to fall to another cheap shot like that again?" Shinso asks me, but I don't verbally answer, knowing he's using my quirk. "Tch, fine, maybe I'll go tell your boyfriend about the kiss you just promised me."