74

Angelina

I couldn't believe it. Kai, the man I loved with all my heart, had just asked me to marry him, right here at the base of the Eiffel Tower, one of the most iconic landmarks in the world. My mind was racing, and my heart felt like it was going to burst from the overwhelming mix of emotions flooding through me.

Tears glistened in my eyes as I stared at him, my mouth slightly agape as I tried to process what had just happened. The sight of him, on one knee, holding that beautiful ring in a velvet box, was etched into my memory forever. His words echoed in my mind, each one carrying the weight of his love and the journey we had taken together.

"Angelina Sánchez, you are my rock, my partner in crime, and the love of my life."

I felt a sob catch in my throat, my heart swelling with the realization of how much he meant to me, of how much we meant to each other. It was as if every moment we had shared, every challenge we had faced, had led us to this beautiful and unexpected place.

"You've given me Amora, and you've given me a family that I cherish more than anything. So, with all my heart, I want to ask you... Will you marry me?"

His voice was filled with sincerity and vulnerability, and it echoed in the space between us. The tears that had welled up in my eyes finally spilled over, and a radiant smile spread across my face, chasing away the shock and uncertainty. My voice trembled as I managed to whisper, "Yes, Kai Martinéz, I will marry you."

I watched as he stood up, his eyes never leaving mine, and slipped the ring onto my finger. It was perfect, a sparkling testament to the love and commitment we shared. As he drew me into his arms, the world around us seemed to blur into insignificance. The only thing that mattered was this moment, this declaration of our love and the promise of our future together.

In that embrace, I felt a rush of happiness, excitement, and so much more. It was as if all the love that had been building up inside me had finally found its release. Kai had not only asked me to be his wife, but he had given me the assurance that we were in this journey together, through all the highs and lows that life would bring.

As we stood there, embraced under the Parisian night sky, I knew that my life was forever changed. I was going to marry the man who had captured my heart, who had shown me what it meant to truly love and be loved in return. And as we held each other, our future felt as dazzling and infinite as the lights of the Eiffel Tower shining above us.

I sat on the edge of the bed, holding Amora in my arms, the engagement ring on my finger catching the soft light filtering through the curtains. The joy and excitement from Kai's proposal still coursed through me, and I couldn't help but smile down at our precious daughter.

"Amora," I cooed, looking into her curious eyes, "did you hear what happened today? Daddy asked Mommy to marry him." I spoke to her in a gentle and sweet tone, hoping she could sense the happiness radiating from me.

As if in response, Amora let out a small giggle, her tiny hand reaching up to touch the necklace she often fidgeted with. I laughed softly, interpreting her response as her own form of approval. It was as though she understood the significance of the moment, even in her own adorable baby way.

"You're going to have a family, Amora," I continued, my heart swelling with love as I held her close. "We're going to be a family, and we'll always be there for each other."

Just then, the bathroom door opened, and Kai stepped out, a towel draped over his shoulders as he dried his hair. His eyes met mine, and a tender smile curved his lips as he saw me with Amora.

"Having a heart-to-heart with our little one?" he asked, his voice a soft whisper that carried a warmth that was uniquely his.

I nodded, my gaze shifting between Kai and Amora. "I told her about your proposal," I said, my smile growing even wider.

Kai crossed the room, his steps quiet and purposeful, until he stood beside me, looking down at Amora nestled in my arms. He reached out and gently stroked her cheek, his touch as gentle as a caress.

"Did you hear, Amora?" he murmured, his voice a melodic hum. "I asked your mommy to marry me today. I want to make our family official, and I promise to always take care of both of you."

Amora seemed to respond to his voice, her eyes locking onto his face as she blinked sleepily. Kai's words were a soothing melody, and I marveled at the connection he had with our daughter, even at this young age.

Kai turned his attention to me, his gaze intense as he met my eyes. "I meant every word, Angel," he said softly. "You and Amora mean the world to me, and I can't wait to call you my wife."

Tears of happiness welled up in my eyes once again, and I leaned in to press a tender kiss to his lips. In that moment, surrounded by the love of my little family, everything felt right. The journey that Kai and I had embarked upon was far from ordinary, but it was uniquely ours, filled with challenges, love, and the promise of a future together.

As I pulled away from the kiss, Amora let out another little giggle, as if joining in our moment. I smiled down at her, knowing that her laughter was a reflection of the joy that filled our hearts. Together, the three of us were a team, bound by an unbreakable bond that could weather any storm. And as we settled down for the night, I knew that our story was just beginning, a story that would be filled with love, laughter, and the beautiful chaos of family life.