31

Kai

I paced back and forth in my study, my emotions running wild. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I had texted Angelina, pouring my heart out, only to be met with rejection. The pain was unbearable, and I found myself crying, trying to hide my vulnerability from anyone who might see.

Nicholas rushed into the room, concern etched on his face. "What's wrong, Kai? Did something happen?"

I tried to compose myself, wiping away my tears hastily. "Nothing's wrong," I muttered, hoping he wouldn't notice.

But Nicholas wasn't fooled. "Are you crying?" he asked incredulously.

"No," I denied, my voice cracking. I hated showing weakness, especially in front of my brother.

But he knew me too well. "Kai, it's okay to feel hurt," he said gently. "If you love her, then fight for her. Don't let her slip away without a fight."

I sighed, feeling torn between my pride and my love for Angelina. "I don't know if I can," I admitted, feeling defeated.

Nicholas put a hand on my shoulder, his voice full of encouragement. "You won't know until you try. She deserves to know how you feel, Kai."

Just then, our father entered the room, and Nicholas excused himself to give us privacy. I hesitated for a moment, but then I decided to be honest with him. I explained everything about Angelina - how we met, how she made me feel, and the mistake I made with Veronica.

To my surprise, our father chuckled, shaking his head. "You fell in love with the girl who killed your brother," he said, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I nodded, feeling a mixture of sadness and regret. "I really love her, Dad. I hurt her so much, and now she wants nothing to do with me."

Our father's expression softened. "Love can be messy, son. But it's also worth fighting for. If you truly love this girl, don't let her slip away."

I felt a glimmer of hope at his words. "But I'm supposed to marry Veronica," I said, feeling trapped by my family's expectations.

He looked at me seriously. "Your happiness matters more than anything else, Kai. If Veronica isn't the one you love, then you need to be honest with her and with yourself."

I nodded, feeling a newfound determination. I couldn't let go of my feelings for Angelina, not when they were so real and intense. I had to fight for her, even if it meant going against my family's wishes.

As my father left the room, I made up my mind. I was going to find Angelina and tell her the truth - that I loved her and that I wasn't going to let her go. It was time to fight for the woman who had captured my heart, even if it meant defying everything and everyone around me.
I took a deep breath, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement as I called Veronica to my office. It was time to face the consequences of my decision, but I was determined to be honest with her.

When Veronica stormed into my office, her face red with anger, I knew I had to stand my ground. "Veronica, I won't be marrying you," I said firmly, my voice steady.

Her eyes widened with shock, and she sputtered in disbelief. "You can't do this! We had an agreement with our families!" she snapped.