58

Angelina

Later that day, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes while Kai was on a call in the living room. As I was lost in my thoughts, my mother walked in, and I turned to see her smiling at me.

"You should go back to Liliana and Nicholas," my mother said, her eyes filled with warmth.

I pouted playfully, pretending to be offended. "What? You don't want me around anymore?" I teased.

My mother laughed and hugged me. "Of course I do, sweetheart. I love having you and Kai around. But Liliana is your best friend, and she's probably missing you," she said.

I nodded, knowing my mother was right. I missed Liliana too, and it had been too long since I had seen her and Nicholas.

"I'll talk to Kai about it," I replied, appreciating my mother's understanding.

As if on cue, Kai walked into the kitchen and saw me doing the dishes. "Hey, I can do that for you," he offered.

I smiled and handed him the dishcloth. "Thank you, but it's okay. I'm almost done," I said.

As I dried my hands, I brought up the idea of going back to Liliana and Nicholas. "Kai, I was thinking... I want to go back to Liliana and Nicholas tonight," I said.

Kai looked at me with a mixture of surprise and concern. "Are you sure, Angel?" he asked, his brow furrowing.

I nodded, feeling determined. "Yes, I miss them, and I think it's time to go back," I replied.

Kai considered my words for a moment and then nodded. "Alright, if that's what you want. We can leave tonight," he said.

I felt relieved that he was supportive of my decision. Kai has always respected my choices and never tried to hold me back, and I loved him even more for that.

"Thank you, Kai," I said, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist.

He hugged me back tightly. "Of course, Angel. Whatever makes you happy," he said.

As we held each other, I knew that going back to Liliana and Nicholas was the right decision. Our little family had grown, but my bond with Liliana was irreplaceable. I wanted to be there for her, just as she had always been there for me.

That night, we packed our bags and set out for Ciudad Nocturna. The journey back was filled with laughter and love, and I knew that no matter where life took us, Kai and I would face it together. And with our baby girl on the way, our future looked brighter than ever.

As we continued on our journey back to Ciudad Nocturna, I suddenly felt the urge to pee. I asked Kai to make a quick stop at a nearby gas station, and he pulled over without hesitation. After I relieved myself, we went into the store to grab some snacks for the road.

Kai asked me if I wanted something to eat and drink, and I thought for a moment before replying, "Gummy bears and Mogu Mogu, please."

He raised an eyebrow, clearly unfamiliar with the second item on my list. "What's Mogu Mogu?" he asked curiously.

I grinned and pointed to the drink cooler, where rows of colorful bottles with chewy bits floating inside caught his attention. "It's this fun Japanese drink with fruit juice and chewy nata de coco pieces. You'll love it!" I said excitedly.