5

Angelina

My heart pounded in my chest as Kai teased and taunted me, refusing to back down even in the face of my defiance. I could feel his amusement at my discomfort, and it only fueled my anger.

But when he brought up Alex, my heart skipped a beat. I knew I had killed many people in my past as an assassin, but this time, his tone carried a different weight, a personal vendetta that cut through my defenses.

"Alex Martinéz," he said, his voice low and accusing.

I remained silent, unable to find the words to respond. The truth hung heavily between us, a dark secret I had kept buried beneath layers of anger and vengeance.

Kai's grip tightened around my neck, and I tried to pull away, but his hold was firm. "You killed my brother," he said, his eyes boring into mine with a mix of fury and sorrow.

"He had it coming," I spat back, my voice laced with bitterness. "You have no idea what he did to Liliana."

Kai chuckled darkly, his grip still unyielding. "Whatever he did, he didn't deserve to die," he retorted, his gaze unwavering.

"He deserved far worse," I shot back, my anger flaring.

In a moment of fury, I took his hand and snatched it from my neck. "First of all, don't you ever choke me again," I warned, my voice cold and steely. And then, without a second thought, I slapped him across the face.

Kai stumbled back, his hand on his cheek, looking surprised and maybe even impressed by my audacity. But he quickly composed himself, his expression hardening once more.

"Second of all, your little brother raped my girl, Liliana, and I just got my revenge," I spat out, my voice trembling with anger and pain.

Kai's face contorted in disbelief. "You're lying. Alex would never..." he started to say, but I cut him off with a bitter laugh.

"You think you know your brother, but you don't," I said, my voice filled with a mix of sorrow and anger. "He was a monster, just like you. He deserved what he got."

Kai stared at me, his emotions conflicting within him. I could see the turmoil in his eyes, the struggle to comprehend the truth I had just revealed.

In that moment, I realized that our encounter had taken an unexpected turn. The game we were playing had suddenly become far more complicated, as our pasts and our actions collided in a dance of darkness and vengeance.

But as much as our paths diverged, one thing was clear - neither of us was willing to back down. The shadows that surrounded us had ensnared us both, and our destinies were now intertwined in ways we could never have imagined.

In the aftermath of the heated confrontation, I had had enough. All I wanted was to see Liliana, to make sure she was safe and to find solace in her embrace. And just as if my thoughts had summoned her, the door opened, and there she was, standing before me. Relief flooded through me, and without a second thought, we embraced tightly.

Kai was still standing nearby, his eyes filled with uncertainty as he asked Liliana if it was true what I had said about his brother. Liliana nodded solemnly, confirming the painful truth.

"It's true, Kai," she said softly. "He hurt me."

Kai's expression darkened, a mixture of anger and sadness swirling in his eyes. He nodded in acknowledgment and then instructed one of his men to bring Liliana upstairs.