Chapter 34: The winning move

Start from the beginning

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

Three shots from the smart pistol are enough to stun it for a few seconds.

Seeing it stiffen up, that is the go signal.

The jump kit propelled me to the slime as the grappling hook pulled me towards it.

[Die!!!!] I bet all my luck on this attack as I made a thrusting attack midair...successfully stabbing the core in the middle.

[KIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] (??)

*GACHIN!!!!*

{YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY KILLED THE CORROSIVE MIASMA SLIME (TRUE FORM)! SINCE THE ENEMY WAS A SPECIAL INDIVIDUAL, YOU HAVE EARNED 10,000 EXP and 30 STATUS POINTS!}

{YOU HAVE LEVELED UP! 10=> 11. YOU HAVE EARNED 1 STATUS POINT}

{WEAKNESS FINDER HAS LEVELED UP! 1=>2!}

{EMERGENCY QUEST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!}

{YOU HAVE SURVIVED A LIFE-THREATENING ADVERSITY! YOU HAVE RIGHTFULLY EARNED THE EXTRA SKILL {NEGATIVE STATUS EFFECT NEUTRALIZER LV 1}!

{YOU HAVE RECEIVED 1 RANDOM REWARD BOX (COMMON)}

{YOU HAVE RECEIVED 1 CORROSIVE MIASMA SLIME CORE}

[Huh?] With those notifications popping up in an instant as soon as the slime burst, the strength on my legs left me causing me to collapse on my knees.

What the heck!!!!!! AHahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahaha!!!

No shit, I survived it. No way, no fucking way I did it.

The aftermath is quite apparent too that a fight had just happened here. There were craters on the floor, bullet holes, and acid pools that deposited at some of the craters.

For now, I just want to lie down and close my eyes for a bit.

{TIME FOR BOSS MONSTER TO RESURRECT: 2 WEEKS}

Man...to think it took that much beating before it finally went down was something else. I looked at my watch....and apparently, that exchange happened in over 30 minutes. 30 fucking minutes was all it took to wipe out 2 drones and 1 titan. Damn.

The rewards from the emergency quest are quite sufficient too, but it begs me to ask about how I got the boss monster's core .

I hold the thing in my hands and it was this noir dark core with a blue glowing outline.

{CORE OF A CORROSIVE MIASMA SLIME (TRUE FORM)}

I don't even know what to use it for.

{DO YOU WANT TO REVIVE THE DEFEATED OWNER OF THE CORE? YES|YES}

[Arehh?????] Am I just hallucinating, but why are the options only highlighted as both YES?

I'm not getting crazy right?

I rubbed my eyes, and still saw the same question being asked.

{DO YOU WANT TO REVIVE THE DEFEATED OWNER OF THE CORE? YES|YES}

The heck is this?!!!!

===================================================

CHARACTER STATUS
NAME: JACK COOPER
AGE: 20 YEARS OLD
RACE: HUMAN
OCCUPATION: [MILITIA] TITAN PILOT LV14 [1500/7000]
TITAN: RONIN LV1 [8,956/200,000]

HP: 110/110
ENERGY: 190/200
STR: 17
VIT: 11
DEF: 16
STAMINA: 16
LUCK: 13
STATUS POINTS: 31

SKILLS:
CLOAK LV2
STIM LV2
GRAPPLE LV2
A-WALL LV2
PHASE SHIFT LV2
PULSE BLADE LV2
HOLOGRAPHIC PILOT LV2
WEAKNESS FINDER LV2
SKILL POINTS: +3

PILOT KIT I: FAST REGENERATION LV1

PILOT KIT II: LOW PROFILE LV1

EXTRA SKILL: NEGATIVE STATUS EFFECT NEUTRALIZER LV 1

TITLE:
DAVID & GOLIATH
INN RECEPTIONIST
ADVENTURER

===================================================
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N

Hey ya, it's ya boi here. Going back to my province has provided me with a lot of insights into life as well as my first experience of a sparking love life (which was nonexistent before).

*Cough*

As I promised, I will publish a chapter in August.3 chapters are now published within August of 2023 which is more than what I have promised.

Other than that...about the insights in life you ask? Hmmm, how do I say this?

Life is not something we should quickly do a 100% completion achievement, what I mean is we don't have to hasten on achieving everything. Life is best done slowly but surely, where you have a plan that can get you ahead but choose to do it one at a time to make sure that it is executed well. Also, don't do things that will truly fuck you up. Don't be stupid, don't be foolish, don't be naive, but most of all don't be an asshole.

If you like the story then consider voting for it as seeing the number of votes gets me into an inspired state where I could make the story more interesting. If you have any concerns or suggestions, feel free to message me or comment here. As always have a nice day and stay safe out there~

-Author who is on a one-week vacation to his province