Chapter 37: Date?

Start from the beginning

[The number of wolves sniffing the sheep has increased around the inn, right?] (Irene)

[Wa...how? I was just about to ask that]

[It shows on your face] (Irene) Damn, it does?

I tried making a poker face, but she just giggled at my futile attempt. Alas, as expected of a witch who is 100 years ol..

[YEOUCH!!! Why?!!!!] Twice in a row! Twice in a row!!!!

[Hmph! Learn to be a tad bit gentleman, won't you? So, let us discuss what we should do by now] (Irene) Finally, after my foot became a sacrifice for the talks, it finally began.

She gave me a rundown on how things were at her side and they have scratched the surface.

First is that certain nobles are protecting these men, in short, they are related. Have names surfaced? Yes...and no. Some are confusing according to her as the names that appeared seem to be someone of much higher position.

 That means they have a huge backer, and that complicates the current situation. It seems that the illegal slave trade is still rampant, and the cases have increased daily.

Other than wanting to take back Lushea, they also have another agenda that they are clueless about. For now, they have taken note of the persons of interest involved in this matter. I just hope that the situation won't escalate into something that I am afraid of happening. Still, a question lingers in my mind.

[Are the black vipers involved in this one?]

[Fufufufu~ What do you think?] (Irene)

[Judging from their aim, they have the same habit of abducting people for a purpose other than slavery. The information that I have got is the same as what you have given to me before. If I am correct, then perhaps they are somehow related...just that I don't know to what extent]

[......Bravo, you've nailed it on that part. The black vipers are related to this incident, just the branch located here though] (Irene)

That's is rather predictable, but another branch huh...

[Alas, but you are spoiling the mood] (Irene)

[Gafu?!] She suddenly spoon-fed me with the food at the table causing me to almost choke.

[After this we are going to places you have never set foot upon, so eat up so that...you will have the strength to go around. We will also talk along the way so as to not bore you, will that be enough?] (Irene) She really smiled at me not knowing that her action almost made me unconscious.

......Oddly enough, it seems that this has now turned into a date.

================================================================================

I may have been a month-long resident of the city, but that does not mean that I knew every nook and cranny of this place. What I meant is that there's a lot that the map can share with me which are places I have never visited nor have I actually looked at. The drones played a big part in the scanning of the entire city on my part, and I am thankful for it because it allowed me to have a constant monitoring of threats present in the city's premises. 

[Ou! Young man how about some skewers!] (??)

[Fresh vegetables! Come get your fresh vegetables! Oi! That couple over there!] (??) 

I just can't believe that the organization is targeting the peaceful and lively life of the city folks. Fuck them.

[Can't you at least try to hide your disdain?] (Irene) She hugged my arm as we walked side by side. Now...this is the most awkward part of this. Why is she doing this?