Chapter 35: The Truth About Moody

Start from the beginning

They got the crowd to leave, eventually. Xenia made her way towards Maxwell and practically tackled him with a hug. She started crying into his chest.

"Hey hey hey!" Maxwell said. "What happened?"

"I-I watched him die!" Xenia sobbed. "Tess - visions -" Xenia cried into her boyfriend.

Maxwell hugged her back and started crying too. "He was a good friend of mine... I'll miss him..."

Tess didn't look for Duncan, but she didn't need to. Duncan found her.

"Hey! Tess! Are you okay?"

Tess just looked at Duncan and started crying again.

"Okay, come here." Duncan hugged Tess.

"I...I used to like him..." Tess's sobs became muffled into Duncan's chest. "But...either way...he was still..." She sniffled. "A great friend..."

Aura looked like she was going to cry too. I realized that although Xenia, Tess, and I had boyfriends to go to to cry...Aura didn't. No Luna. No Robert. Nobody.

So I volunteered.

"Aura?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

I opened my arms out to her. "Come here. You need a hug."

Aura hugged me and cried. I cried too.

"Th-thank you, Morana..."

I smiled. "No problem, Aura... I bet Tess and Mudblood would do the same."

Aura giggled at this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE TRUTH ABOUT MOODY~~~~~~

There's more to it than we thought, Tess thought and shared with us. Come to the girls' bathroom nearest to Ravenclaw Tower. I'll explain there.

So that's where we all went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE TRUTH ABOUT MOODY~~~~~~

"There's a Death Eater at Hogwarts," Tess told us in the bathroom. "Vol-He made a point in saying that... So who could it be? Any ideas?"

"Snape," Aura said immediately. "He was a Death Eater. He seems like he'd do this."

"No no no," Xenia said. "I have a feeling it's not him...but someone new..."

I frowned. "Well the only new person is Professor Moody. An Auror."

"Not true," Xenia said. "Durmstang. Speciality is Dark Magic."

"That's right!" Aura agreed. "Could be Karkaroff!"

Tess gasped. "V-vision... Can't-t-t...make it...s-s-stop..."

And she also shared this one with us too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE TRUTH ABOUT MOODY~~~~~~

"There's a Death Eater at Hogwarts!" Harry said. "There's a Death Eater here - they put my name in the Goblet of Fire, they made sure I got through to the end -" He tried to stand up. Professor Moody pushed him back down in his seat.

"I know who the Death Eater is," Moody said quietly.

"Karkaroff?" Harry asked wildly. "Where is he? Have you got him? Is he locked up?"

"Karkaroff?" Moody asked with an odd laugh. "Karkaroff fled tonight, when he felt the Dark Mark burn upon his arm. He betrayed too many faithful supporters of the Dark Lord to wish to meet them...but I doubt he will get far. The Dark Lord has ways of tracking his enemies."