Chapter 2: The Reason Behind It

I turned around in my bed, and saw another owl. This one was a snowy owl.

Peckers.

I took the letter that Peckers had in his beak, and opened it up. The familiar handwriting read:

Dear Aura,

My apologies for that creepy as f**k dream. I thought that you, Xenia, and Morana should know.

So, as you could tell from the dream Peter Pettigrew is back serving the Dark Lord. Which means that He'll be back... And soon.

I just...thought that you guys should be prepared. I didn't want to be the only one to see this monstrosity.

He creeped me out. And I just...I just hope he doesn't come back soon... Who KNOWS what He'll do???

Well, anyway, stay safe, Aura! I love you! You're like a sister to me!

Love,

Tess

Luckily I put my parchment, quill, and ink close so that I could reach it. I got my stuff, then wrote Tess back:

Dear Tess,

No apology needed. You thought it was for the best. No, you didn't necessarily want to do it, but you had good intentions. It's fine.

Yeah, I noticed. I wish we could stop him somehow. That would be nice...

I understand. You didn't want to be the only one having nightmares at night about him.

He creeped ME out, too. And it was just a dream! And I'm not sure what he'll do...

YOU need to stay safe, too! I love you, too! You're like an amazing big sister!

Love,

Aura

Peckers came back over, and got the letter from me. I laid back down to go to sleep, then Peckers was on my stomach. I looked at the bird. I stared at him, and he stared back. This wasn't exactly proper behavior for an owl. Usually when you give the owl a letter it just flies away with it.

I got Tess's letter, making sure she didn't write anything about Peckers. I turned it over, and noticed that I had indeed missed something:

P.S. Peckers doesn't leave until you kiss him on the head. I've been doing that to him since I first got him when I was eleven, and now he won't leave to deliver a message until you do so.

Oh, okay! That makes more sense.

I sat up, Peckers moving off of my stomach. I kissed Peckers on the head, then he flew away. I then laid back down to go to sleep before...

"Aura!" My mother yelled. "Get up! Breakfast is ready!"

F**k.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE REASON BEHIND IT~~~~~~~~