Chapter 3: The (Un)Pleasant Surprise

Hey! Morana Drax here! Your absolute favorite character!

...right?

Well, no matter. You can have whoever you want as your favorite character. I'm still gonna be here.

Anyway, I had just woken up from a...weird? creepy? I didn't know what word to use...dream. The Dark Lord was in it, and so was Peter Pettigrew. And this weird ass Muggle.

I opened my eyes a bit, and saw that my cat, BellaBee, was right in front of my face. She looked at me, then rubbed her face on mine. I giggled at the gesture, then she started purring. I started petting BellaBee, opening my eyes fully.

I heard a little hoot coming from behind me.

I turned around, and all the way on the opposite side of the room there was a beautiful snowy owl right outside the window holding a letter in its beak. It looked familiar somehow... But then again, most owls look the same to me if they're the same species.

I got out of bed slowly as I groaned. I walked to the window and opened it. The snowy owl flew in towards my bed. I sighed. F**king owl...

I walked over to the owl, sat down on the edge of my bed, then took the letter out of the owl's mouth. I opened the letter and it read:

Dear Morana,

My apologies for that creepy as f**k dream. I thought that you, Xenia, and Aura should know.

So, as you could tell from the dream Peter Pettigrew is back serving the Dark Lord. Which means that He'll be back... And soon.

I just...thought that you guys should be prepared. I didn't want to be the only one to see this monstrosity.

He creeped me out. And I just...I just hope he doesn't come back soon... Who KNOWS what He'll do???

Well, anyway, stay safe, Morana! I love you! You're like a sister to me! Well...mostly. You're like that annoying little sister that's mean to her siblings for fun.

Love,

Tess

I chuckled slightly at that last thing Tess said before the 'Love, Tess' thing.

I snapped my fingers, and a piece of parchment, a quill, and some ink started floating in the air. I've gotten pretty good at using Salazar Slytherin's ring.

Anyway, I made the quill write for me on the parchment a reply to Tess:

Dear Tess,

Your owl is a jerk. I walked across the room to let him inside, and then he flew to the opposite side of the room. You need to teach your owl some manners.

Now, to the topic of why you sent your letter.

That dream WAS creepy as f**k! Being in the presence of the Dark Lord was...pretty intense. I don't think I'm ever going to become a Death Eater myself. Being in his presence would freak me out too much.

Yes, it's pretty obvious.

Thank you for the warning! Warnings are always helpful. :)

I'm not sure. Maybe one of his followers before. I'll ask Mels or my mom if you want me to?

Thanks! I'll try! You stay safe, too, Insightful One! ACTUALLY, I'm not that sibling that's mean just for fun. No no. That's Melissa. But thank you for saying that I'm like a sister! It's...it's actually one of the nicest compliments anyone has ever given me. Thank you, Tess. You're kinda like a sister to me too.

Love (I guess) (just kidding love you),

Morana

I gave Tess's owl my letter. It then sorta gestured to Tess's letter on my lap. I turned it over, and it said:

P.S. Peckers doesn't leave until you kiss him on the head. I've been doing that to him since I first got him when I was eleven, and now he won't leave to deliver a message until you do so.

I then added a P.S. to my letter:

P.S. You're weird.

I did as Tess instructed, then Peckers the owl flew away.

I was indecisive about going back to sleep, so I decided to look at the time before I decide. The clock said that it was 11:47. Eh. I guess I could stay up.

I stood up, and stretched with my eyes shut. When I was done stretching and I opened my eyes I saw another owl outside my window.

'These f**king owls...' I thought. 'Am I that popular?!'

The owl flew over to me, and landed on my shoulder. I got the letter out of its beak, and opened it. This handwriting was different than Tess's, but still familiar. The letter read:

Dear Death Eater,

I know that this looks sloppy because I rushed, but bear with me.

I thought that I sent you a letter last week, but apparently I didn't. I threw the letter away instead of giving it to Viola.

So! Draco and I were BOTH wondering if you would like to come over to our manor. Today. Or tomorrow. Whichever. Um, then we could all go to the Quidditch World Cup together!

I hope you don't mind that I sort of gave this to you at the last minute. I just was REALLY hoping you would come!

Oh, and so would Draco. (I had to say that. He was bugging me about it. Ah, your boyfriend loooooves you!)

Oh, shit, he saw that. I better finish up before he kills me. Bye!

Love, your future sister-in-law,

Aura

I laughed. Yep. That sounded like my Draco. And my bestie, Aura.

I snapped my fingers again, and I got my quill to write a response to Aura:

Dear Disgraceful Malfoy,

Alright. I did it. Congratulate me. Give me a shiny gold trophy. Something!

Well, I'll say, Aura, that is THE MOST Ravenclaw thing you've ever done! Honestly, you need to ask Professor Dumbledore if you can switch.

Yes, of course! I would love to! And, uh, I think I'll be coming over today, if you guys don't mind. I can't WAIT to see my boyfriend and bestest friend. :) <3

Yeah, no, sure, no problem.

Of course. (And of course he did. Well, I looooove him, too. So at least the feeling's mutual!)

Alright. Good luck with that! Bye!

Love, your future sister-in-law,

Morana

I got Viola to take the letter, then she left to head back to Malfoy Manor.

Then I went downstairs to go ask my parents if I could go to the Quidditch World Cup with the Malfoys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE (UN)PLEASANT SURPRISE~~~~