Chapter 28: The Madness Of Mr. Crouch

I walked down into the Slytherin common room, wiping my eyes of the tears I had just shed, and expected nobody to be in there. But I was wrong.

"Morana?"

I looked up, and saw the one person I was really glad to see.

Bet you bitches can guess at this point and have it not even be a guess.

I looked up, and those beautiful gray eyes were looking at me.

"Yeah, Draco?" I asked him. (If you didn't get that right, what the f**k is wrong with you???)

"Are you alright?"

I wiped more of my tears away. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

Draco raised an eyebrow at me. "Really? Because those tears don't seem very happy."

I was going to answer saying that I was completely fine, but instead of words I sort of just squeaked. I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to lie to Draco.

"I-I..." I said. I walked forward slowly, and sat down on the couch opposite of Draco. I looked at my feet, unsure of what to say. "I just..." I looked up at Draco, his eyes so full of concern. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to. But I did.

I just broke down crying. I see crying as a sigh of weakness, if you remember. And this was an appropriate time to cry. I felt weak. Like you could just touch me and I'd disintegrate into ashes.

"Hey, Morana, what's wrong?" Draco asked softly as he touched my knee.

I looked up at him, then wiped my face to get rid of my tears. "W-well... I-it was Xenia."

"Aura's friend with the light blue hair?"

"Yeah, exactly. She..." My voice trailed off as I looked down. I have a problem with speaking about things that upset me. I normally just try to step away from them. Mostly because I don't like going near that shit. But partly because whenever I do talk about that stuff I cry.

"Did she hurt you?"

I looked up at Draco. "No. No no, no. No. She...she didn't...do anything directly... She just...said something that was true..."

"Which would be?"

"That I'm a, how she said, 'worthless little bitch whose own mother doesn't love her'."

Draco gave me that Malfoy look that twisted my insides.

"What? It's true! I am!"

Draco sighed. "Morana..." He stood up, and moved to sit down next to me. "Morana that is not true."

I looked over my left shoulder to look at him. "But it is. I am worthless and my mother doesn't love me..." I looked back down at my hands in my lap. "I wouldn't be surprised if you'd actually be lying every time you said you loved me..."

Draco leaned back slightly, giving me that Malfoy look again. "Morana f**king Drax."

"Oh shit, that is much worse than parents bringing out the middle name."

"Well good! It should be!"

I looked at Draco. He looked really pissed with a deep frown.

"Morana," Draco sighed, his face relaxing, "you are not worthless."

"Bu -"

"I don't care. I don't think you're worthless. And I'm not lying every time I say I love you. And if one person doesn't find you worthless that should be enough. And no, your own mother might not love you. But that doesn't mean that nobody else does."