Chapter 21: The Quick Surprise

So Morana pretty much introduced me and what this chapter was about. Except she didn't share what the surprise that I'm referring to in the chapter title is.

I think we'll start with it.

Maxwell and I were walking around Hogwarts, talking about the task yesterday.

"And the way she made that dragon sleepy!" I said, talking about Fleur. "Damn. She's one bad ass lady. I wish I could be that bad ass."

"Who says you aren't?" Maxwell asked.

"W-well... I guess I am... But not like Fleur. Plus she's so beautiful! I've heard rumors that she's even part veela!"

"Part veela or not she is definitely not the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"Well, whoever that most beautiful girl you've seen is must be very lucky."

"W -?"

"You know. Like a girlfriend or crush or something."

"Oh. Oh, yeah."

We were silent for a minute, about to walk up some stairs when Maxwell spoke.

"Xenia?"

I looked up at him. "Max?"

"Will you go out with me?"

WAIT, HOLD THE F**KING PHONE.

"Wh-what?" I asked. Great goin' there, Fairchild!

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me. Now," he added, "you don't have to answer right now, and you don't have to say yes. I was just wondering."

I smiled up at Maxwell. "I would love to."

Max smiled back at me. "Great! Tomorrow? Meet me on the Hogwarts grounds near Hagrid's Hut...say noon?"

"Does twelve thirty work?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"So, I, uh, I gotta go," I said, trying not to smile. "I've, uh...got some studying to do."

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Max smiled. "See ya."

"Bye," I said with a huge smile. I then left, going to tell Aura and Tess what had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE QUICK SURPRISE~~~~~~~~~~

"Aura! Tess!" I practically shrieked as I ran into the girls' bathroom that they were in with Morana. My shrieking made them all jump.

"What?! What?!" Aura and Tess yelled back.

"Guess who just asked me out!"

"Uhhhh," Tess said.

"I-I can't think of anyone," Morana said with a frown.

"Yeah, me neither," Aura agreed.

"Guys!" I said, surprised that they couldn't tell.

"Just kidding!" Aura said with a smile.

"Was it Maxwell?!" Tess asked.

"YES!" I answered. Aura, Tess, and I all squealed and did the jump-y-sort-of-hug-y thing. Morana just kinda smirked.

"I'm happy for ya, Mudblood," Morana said once the squealing, jumping, and hugging were done. "I know how you're feeling. And it's pretty amazing. Congrats for getting that feeling again."

"Uh, thanks," I said with a smile.

Morana nodded, then started looking around the room like nothing happened.