Chapter 17: The Three Champions Revealed

It was the next day. Halloween. I woke up before anybody else in my dormitory did. I got up and silently got dressed, careful not to wake up Hermione Granger, Parvati Patil, Lavender Brown, Kellah, and Fay Dunbar (who was the only Gryffindor girl my age that I was kinda friends with).

I slowly got out of the dormitory into the common room, where some people were already sitting and chatting.

It wasn't before long that Hermione had come down, too. I guess everybody was excited about the big day.

I decided to go to the Great Hall and get breakfast, and it seemed like some others had the same idea.

I went to the Great Hall to see a lot more people than I expected eating breakfast. Including Xenia, Tess, and Morana.

"Hey!" Tess said to me as I walked over to her table and sat down. Xenia was on the opposite side of her.

"Hell-o!" Xenia said, smiling at me. Morana was at the Slytherin table, and she waved at me with a smile.

"So," I began as I started eating some food, swallowing before continuing. "I just realized that I shouldn't have started a sentence before eating. Wow. Anyway," Tess and Xenia were giggling slightly at me, "I wonder who's gonna be the Hogwarts champion! I hope it's somebody good!"

"I hope it's Hemani Roshan," Xenia said. "She's in Ravenclaw, and I think she'd be a great champion."

"Cedric would be better!" Tess said, almost sounding like she was bragging. "He's putting his name in, too."

"Angelina Johnson from Gryffindor is actually putting her name in, too," I said, eating a mouthful of food. "I hope she gets it, too. I mean, they obviously can't all get it, but it'd be great if one of them did!"

"Well," Morana said in front of us, leaning on the table with her two hands, and making us jump, "I know you bitches are hopin' for somebody in your own House to get it, but so am I. Cassius Warrington, from Slytherin, put his name in, too."

"Yeah, I heard somebody saying that," Xenia said, "but isn't that just a rumor?"

Morana winked. "One step at a time, Mudblood."

We suddenly heard a noise coming from the entrance hall. Then we heard a loud popping sound. We immediately ran to go see what it was. Fred and George Weasley (at least I thought) each had long, white, identical beards, and everyone was laughing, including them.

"I did warn you," Dumbledore said to the twins in an amused tone. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Fred and George headed off to the hospital wing, followed by their friend Lee Jordan who did Quidditch commentary, who was howling with laughing.

"Oh, Morana!" I realized as I turned to her. "You don't have a cold anymore!"

"No, but I have a fever now," she said glumly.

"Oh, poor Death Eater!" Tess said.

"Shut it, Insightful One," Morana snapped.

"But...that...that wasn't sarcasm..." Tess said, sounding kind of hurt.

"Oh. Okay. Then yeah! Thanks for the sympathy!"