Chapter 23: The Yule Ball

"Help meeeeee!" Aura said as she started to panic.

It was now December 25th, Christmas. We had given each other presents in the morning, and by now the four narrators were all in a girls' bathroom wearing our dresses and heels getting ready for the Yule Ball. We had a bunch of makeup bags and hair stuff to help each other out.

"Bitch, calm down!" Morana said. "Now, whatdya need help with?"

"E-e-everything! My hair, my makeup, which of my jewelry I should wear!"

"Oo!" Xenia said, getting lipstick out of her one bag that was on the sink. "Here!" She showed it to Aura. It said that the lipstick was waterproof. "The efficacy of this thing is about 110%. Seriously! My mom's gone in the ocean in this stuff, and it's been amazing!"

"Hm, okay."

Xenia put it on Aura, and it was a nice dark shade of red.

"Oo!" Morana said after Aura's lipstick was done. "I have some glittery golden eyeshadow that you could use!

"And I have some black eyeliner!" I said.

"Great!" Aura said.

"Hope you don't mind that I'm going first," Morana said to me.

"Nah, it's okay!" I said. "Makes more sense anyway."

Morana put the eyeshadow on her, and when she was done I put on the liquid eyeliner. I put it on thickly with a point.

"There ya go!" I said.

"Nails next!" Aura said. She got two things of nail polish out of her bag, and showed them to us. "Black nail polish, or glittery golden like my eyeshadow?" Aura then looked in the mirror, and realized that the glittery gold color of her eyeshadow matched her nail polish perfectly. "Morana, did you steal my glittery golden eyeshadow?" She turned to face Morana.

"Oh, yeah!" Morana said. "Sorry! I forgot to tell you! I borrowed it for my one-year-anniversary date that Draco took me to. I never gave it back. Here." She put Aura's eyeshadow back in Aura's makeup bag.

"But seriously, which one?" Aura asked.

"Do both," Xenia shrugged. "Here." She started doing Aura's nails. She made her pinky and thumb all gold, her middle finger gold, and with her pointer and ring finger she changed it up a little. For her pointer finger she made it all black except for the tip of her finger, and for her ring finger she made it all black except for a semi-circle on the bottom of her nail. It looked really pretty.

"There," Xenia said once she was done the one hand. "Do you like that? I could do it on the other hand for you."

Aura couldn't stop staring at her nails. "Yes, please!"

Xenia then did her other hand.

Aura sighed as she leaned against the wall behind her. "While my nails are drying could you guys help me with my hair and jewelry, please?"

"Oo!" Morana said. "I know what to do with your hair! Come on! Off the wall! Get in front of the mirror!"

Aura moved off the wall, and went in front of the mirror, and put her hands on the sink in front of her. Morana started doing some pretty neat stuff with her hair. She made it into a bun, but it looked pretty tricky. She took hair over, and kinda did a braid like thing but kept some strands of hair out.

"Hand me my purse, Tess," Morana said, tuning to me. I grabbed her gray bag that she had bought at Hogsmeade and gave it to her. "Thank you," she said, looking through the bag. She took out some diamond-like things and put two or three of them in Aura's hair.