Chapter 35: The Truth About Moody

I wiped my face of the tears. I pushed my dark blue hair back. I then took Draco's jacket off and put it on his chest. I left my hand there as I thought...

"Uh, Morana?" Draco asked. "What're you doing?"

"Thinking..." I answered. I let go of Draco's jacket as I looked at his sister. "Shouldn't they be here?"

"Yes," Aura nodded, her voice cracking. "Yes, they should..."

"They should..." I looked at the maze. The only ones that had returned were Fleur and Viktor. No Harry and Cedric. I stood up, pointing towards the maze. "They should be here!" I half-yelled, though nobody important heard me.

"F**k it!" Tess said as she stood up. "Dumbledore has to kn-"

Before Tess could even finish her sentence Harry and Cedric appeared in front of the maze.

"Looks like he will," Xenia said.

People were talking about what had happened. Others were going towards Harry and Cedric. Others screamed.

"Di... Is Cedric dead?" Draco asked as him and Pansy stood up.

"Yeah," I said, my voice cracking. "Yeah, he is. He...was there when he shouldn'd have been..."

Draco looked at me. "He was where?"

I looked back at Draco. "He was with the Dark Lord. When he came back."

Draco's jaw dropped slightly. "He...he's back? The Dark Lord...he's back?"

"Yes. Your dad was there. And so was my mom... So if you don'd believe me ask your father."

I looked forward at Pansy, who was busy staring at Cedric as she walked forward. Her hands were over her mouth.

Draco's hand touched my shoulder. I turned and looked at him. "Hey, I'll always believe you." I smiled at him, and he smiled at me too.

"Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore said.

I couldn't hear what else was going on for a while. Aura, Tess, Xenia, Crabbe, and Goyle were all standing at this point. Draco was hugging me from behind (but nothing else from behind...yet ;) ). [Okay Aura's now mad at me for that last part. Worth it, though. ;P ]

"What's going on? What's happened?" I heard Cornelius Fudge ask.

After a few seconds people started shouting...

"He's dead!"

"He's dead!"

"Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

I stiffened underneath of Draco. Watching somebody die, even if it's indirectly...it can affect a person.

"You okay?" Draco whispered into my ear.

I shook my head. "Tess..." I whispered back. "She had a vision...saw everything with the Dark Lord...showed it to us... I watched Cedric die..."

Draco kissed my neck. "It'll be okay, Rana."

After a little bit the crowd kept bringing the subject up.

"What's happened?"

"What's wrong with him?"

"Diggory's dead!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE TRUTH ABOUT MOODY~~~~~~

Those words echoed through my head.

Cedric Diggory...

Cedric Diggory is dead...

I still couldn't believe it...