Chapter 27: Aura's Heart Possibly Broken (...AGAIN)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, shit," Xenia said as she looked out the window. "She-she's out there! C'mon!"

We started running out of the Three Broomsticks, and followed Aura out of Hogsmeade. On our way out of Hogsmeade, we passed Draco.

"What're you -?" he asked.

"Sorry! Gotta run!" I interrupted as I kept running after Aura.

Aura kept on running until she found a random tree to stop at. She sat under it and started crying into her bent knees that she hugged.

"Aura?" I asked as I sat down next to her. "Do you...do you need to talk about this or something?"

Tess sat down on the right side of Aura, and Xenia sat down in front of her.

Aura looked at me. "Now I understand how you felt. With Draco. I understand why...why you almost didn't date him. Because...who says he won't put you through this again? I mean...it must've hurt more for you because it was your best friend, but...I finally understand your pain... And I don't think I like it..."

"Honey, no one likes it." I started stroking her red hair. "But we just gotta...we just gotta push through it. Go through this terrible, dark tunnel. But then, one day, we're gonna come out the other side where it's gonna be bright and beautiful. And we'll be there. Waiting for you. And there will be somebody else waiting for you. Somebody who will love you for you, flaws and all. One that will be able to mend your broken heart just by looking at you. I promise you, Aura Malfoy, that everything is going to be okay."

Aura sniffled. "When did you...when did you get out of the tunnel?"

I smiled. "December eighteenth. 1993."

Aura smiled. "The day Draco first kissed you."

"Of course."

Aura stared at her feet, her smile gone. "But...that's not gonna happen with me."

"No," Tess said. "It's not. You're not gonna have a romance like Morana and Draco. Nor is your romantic life gonna be like Xenia's. You will date somebody, whether it be this year, next year, or ten years from now, that will make you forget all about Luna. And maybe, just maybe, you're gonna marry that person. Maybe have kids with them if you want. But either way...your romance is gonna be so magical Muggles will start suspecting that our world is real."

Aura sniffled. "That's really great advice from someone who's never been in a relationship."

Tess smiled. "Well...let's just say that I had a bit more experience than you thought..."

Aura sat up straighter, putting her legs on the ground. "What d'you mean?"

Tess looked at Aura. "Cedric. He, uh...he only sees me as a friend. I realize that. And I just...gave up. Decided that I didn't wanna like him anymore. And, uh...I may have started to like someone else."

"Who is he?" Xenia asked excitedly. "Or her...?"

"It's a boy," Tess blushed. "And, uh, it will always be a boy. I'm straight."

Aura leaned back onto the tree. "Tell us about this boy."

"But Aura -"

"This is distracting me. I need this."

Tess smiled. "His name is Duncan. Duncan Reynolds. He's, uh...in Gryffindor."

"Oh, I know him, yeah!" Aura said with a small smile. "Yeah, he's uh...a year younger than us. Yeah. He's nice! I think you two would get along. Want me to hook you two up?"