Chapter 23: The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

"Wow, Morana!" I said, as she kept doing Aura's hair a little bit. "That looks great!"

"Thanks!" Morana said with a smile, not taking her eyes off of Aura's hair. "My dad taught me how to do a bunch of stuff like this."

"Wait, your dad?" Xenia asked.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that?"

"No no! Of course not! It's just, well, wouldn't it most likely be your mom to teach you that stuff?"

"My mom left when I was nine, and didn't come back until I was thirteen. My dad learned how to do hair and stuff so that he could help me with it." Morana stopped touching Aura's hair, and she walked to the side of Aura to see her hair in the mirror. "Alright! You are done, Disgraceful One!"

Aura opened her light gray eyes, and saw her hair. She gasped, standing up straight. "Oh, it's so beautiful! I love it! Thanks, Deathy."

Morana giggled. "No problem."

Aura walked over to where her bags were and sighed. "I still need help with my jewelry. Could you guys look through my bag and help? I-I'd give you the bag, but my nails are still a little wet."

"Yeah, sure!" I said, walking to her bag and picking it up. I walked back over to a sink, put her bag down on it, and began to look through it.

"Well," I said as I was looking through her bag, "you can just wear your Gryffindor ring. You wear it everyday anyway. Oo!" I got out a golden bracelet that she had with cool designs that made the bracelet have holes in it. "You could wear this golden bracelet with hole-y thingies in it!" I turned to show Aura.

"Wow, great description, Tess!" Aura said sarcastically. "You should write a book!"

"What would I write about?"

"Yourself!"

"Who am I, Gilderoy Lockhart?"

"Actually," Xenia said, "I heard Ron, Hermione, and Harry saying one year that he faked that stuff! Other witches and wizards told him about their travels, and he erased their memories so he could say he did that stuff! So, no, Tess. You are much cooler than Gilderoy Lockhart."

I smiled at Xenia. "Thanks! But seriously, Aura," I turned my head to her, "you wanna wear the bracelet?"

"Yeah!" Aura answered. I helped her put the bracelet on, and it looked nice on her.

Morana then decided to go in Aura's jewelry bag. "Found some earrings!" She pulled out some dangly earrings that looked like they were made of glittery golden coins strung together by metal to make a rhombus.

"Oo, put them on, please!" Aura said, sounding like a little girl. Morana put the earrings on Aura's ears.

"Necklace?" Aura asked.

"Yeah, sure!" Xenia said, going through Aura's jewelry bag. "Hmmm... I can't decide between these three." She then held up each of them individually. The first one looked like a tooth or a horn at the end of the chain. The second one was a semi-circle that became a square like thing at the bottom, and it almost looked like it was wearing pants.  And the third one sort of looked like a golden spearhead. "Which one?"

"All of them!" Aura said. "Could you...?"

"Yeah, sure!" Xenia then put all three necklaces around Aura's neck.

"Okay!" Aura said. "Now...my hair's done. My makeup's done. And I've got all of my jewelry." She turned to face us. "How do I look?"

"Spectacular," Morana answered immediately.