Chapter 17: The Three Champions Revealed

Start from the beginning

Tess smiled. "No problem!"

People suddenly cheered. We looked and saw everyone congratulating Angelina Johnson. I guess she put her name in!

"I hope you get it, Angelina!" I said as she walked past me to go into the Great Hall.

"Thanks!" she said with a smile as she kept walking.

"Let's go back," Xenia said. "I'm still pretty damn hungry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

So before the feast that night I realized I forgot to ask Draco something which wasn't really important, but the question all of a sudden kept itching at the back of my head. Once you remember something you have to know the answer, right?

I noticed that Draco was nearby, and I grabbed his arm as I walked past him, and made him walk with me.

"Hey! What're you -?!"

"I need to talk to you," I answered Draco as I stopped walking in an empty hallway and turned to face him.

"F**k. Look, if it's about those dungbombs -"

"What dungbombs?" I asked, unsure if I wanted the answer.

He stared at me with his hands clasped together. He was silent for a second before speaking, "You may proceed." (I later found out that he put dungbombs in the girls' bathroom that I used a lot. Just to piss me off.)

"I just remembered something you told Morana and me last year," I began, "and I needed some clarification. You told us that Pansy was essentially 'like a friend that you kiss' or whatever. But isn't that supposed to be what a relationship is? You're basically best friends that you do that boyfriend-y/girlfriend-y stuff with?"

Draco thought about what I said, then when he realized he spoke. "Oh, no. No, that's Morana." I smiled to myself because he said that without having to think. "No. You know that one friend that you're pretty close with, but not really, and you still hang out with all the time?"

"Oh," I said, realizing how his relationship with Pansy was.

"Yeah."

"Oh, okay," I said, nodding. "Yeah. Now leave, shithead."

"My pleasure, you bitch." And with that Draco walked away. Then I went to the feast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE THREE CHAMPIONS REVEALED

The selection of the champions didn't happen until after the feast, so I'm just going to go there.

There was no noise once Dumbledore stood up, so then he spoke. "Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - there was a door behind the staff table that he indicated- "where they will be receiving their first instructions." He took out his wand, and waved it. All of the candles except the ones in the carved pumpkins were out. The Goblet of Fire's blue-white light seemed incredible now.

The flames turned red and sparks began to fly from it. A flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out. The whole room gasped.

Dumbledore grabbed the parchment, and held it out to use the goblet's blue-white flame as a light.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he said, his voice strong and clear, "will be Viktor Krum!"

A storm of applause and cheering erupted in the Hall. Viktor stood up from the Slytherin table, walked up to the staff table, and walked to the door Dumbledore had talked about before.