Chapter 6: The Way To The Quidditch World Cup...Thing

Começar do início

"Oh," I answered. "Yes, but that was only my first time, so I'm not quite used to it yet."

'Nice save,' Aura thought.

'Thanks,' I thought back.

'Wait, you can hear me?!'

'Yeah. Remember how I told you that you could do anything with these rings? Well, it includes letting other people read your thoughts. But only specific people.'

'Wow. Sweet. Now we can shit talk about Morana when she's in the room.'

'Gee, thanks, bitches,' Morana thought in a blank tone.

"Well?" Narcissa asked.

"Sorry, what?" Aura asked.

Narcissa sighed in frustration. "I asked you ladies if you were ready to leave!"

"Oh. Yes. S-sorry, Mom."

"It's quite alright, dear."

And then we Apparated.

Yeah, I never wanted to Apparate again after that.

The feeling was just so...

Apparating felt like being smushed into a pancake, then once you reached your destination you returned to normal, but you felt like you were going to throw up.

I swear I almost did throw up afterwards.

"Oh my god," I muttered to myself as I was doubled over.

"You alright, dear?" Narcissa asked me.

"Y-yeah," I lied, standing up straight. "Yeah. Just...not quite used to it."

I then looked out and saw a bunch of mist. Narcissa did something (I still wasn't 100% myself so I wasn't entirely sure what), and then we were off moving. Walking this time, thank God.

"Oh dear God," I muttered with my hand on my mouth as I bumped into Aura's shoulder with my own shoulder. "Shorry, Aura."

"No, it's alright."

We kept going a little ways, and I saw a cottage next to a gate. There was a woman there. She then spoke to Narcissa.

"Well, good evening, ladies!" the woman said.

"Evening," Narcissa said, a disgusted look on her face. "Are you Mrs. Jones?"

"Why, indeed I am. And you are?"

"Narcissa Malfoy. I booked three tents?"

Mrs. Jones went to the door of the cottage and looked on the list hanging off of it. "Under the name Malfoy, correct?"

"Yes, indeed."

Mrs. Jones came back and smiled at us. "Yes, we have three tents for you. It's for tonight and tomorrow night, too, yes?"

"Correct."

"Great! Now, may you please pay? I don't mean to be rude, but this is sort of my job."

"Certainly." Narcissa turned to Aura. "Aura?"

"Oh! Right!" Aura got money out of her pocket, but it wasn't the type of money I was expecting. Aura got Muggle money out of her pocket. Aura turned and sort of half-smiled at me. "Um...Xenia..." She then brought her voice to a whisper. "I don't know how to work with Muggle money. Help, please?"

"Yeah, o' course!" I answered in a slight whisper.

"You guys are witches, then?" the woman asked.

Aura turned to the woman. "Wh-wh-wh-whaaat? No! Pfft! Wh-what're you talkin' about?" Smooth. She got us out of trouble last year but this year she couldn't even convince someone we were Muggles. So I frowned at her, Morana raised an eyebrow, and Narcissa glared at her.

"No, it's quite alright. I married a wizard myself. And I have a daughter. She goes to Hogwarts!"

I then looked at the woman more closely. She had really light blonde hair that was almost as white as the Malfoys' hair, and beautiful cognac brown eyes that I've seen before.

Wait a minute... Her name's...

Her name is Mrs. Jones.

"Are you -" I began before the door to the cottage behind Mrs. Jones opened.

"Mama, what's -?" The girl in front of the door cut off when she saw me. Her jaw dropped a little. "Xenia!"

I smiled. "Hey, Lily!"

Yep. You guessed it! I had just met my girlfriend's mom!

"Hey!" Lily came over and hugged me, and I hugged her back, glad to be back in her arms. And this time I was taller than her! "What're you doing here?"

"We're here for the Quidditch World Cup!"

"Oh! Right! Well, I hope I'll see you at the match!"

"I hope to see you, too."

Lily smiled at me, then walked back to her mom.

"Anyway," Aura said, turning her attention back to me, "um, I still need help with the money. How much do you want, Mrs. Jones?"

"Hm, twenty. Twenty-five if it's not too much."

"Alright." Aura turned back to me. "Help me make out twenty-five...whatever the hell they use."

I made out twenty-five pounds then paid my girlfriend's mother. We then went to our three tents. One of them was for Aura's parents, one of them was for Draco and any of his friends that he wanted, and the third was for Aura, Morana, and me.

"Okay," Narcissa said once we got to the tents. "Get some sleep. It's pretty late."

And, before I could change into my pajamas, almost as soon as my head hit my pillow I was out.