Now Playing: this is what falling in love feels like

Start from the beginning

Giyuu wiped his sweat as he came back, you smile at him. "Come on, let's eat," you say, sitting down on a chair as he did too.

You two began to eat and you looked at Giyuu's expression, "I've never seen you cook anything like this before, but it tastes amazing," he comments, biting into the sandwich again.

You gave him some ketchup and he put some in his food, "I forgot to put some on them," you simply say, taking a bite out of your sandwich.

Giyuu took glances at you as you ate your food, scrolling on your phone as you read back on your spy group chat, smiling to himself.

"You know... I feel kinda bad that you agreed to let me court you..." he suddenly says, making you divert your eyes from your phone screen to his face. You turn your phone off and put it on the table, "why? I feel the opposite actually. I mean, I do love you," you giggle.

He sighs, "it's just that... I felt like I stole you away from somebody who actually deserved you..."

Your smile faded a little, looking down as you set down your food on your plate. "Well, I haven't had anyone in so long. I've fallen in love with several people and they haven't been faithful to me as their lover..." you started a story, Giyuu furrowed his brows. "Why haven't they been faithful? You're every man's dream, count me as one of them," he says.

You shrug, "you're... the only one dreaming of someone like me..." you say with a sad smile.

"And I'm lucky for having you but at the same time, unworthy of you," he replies.

You stayed silent for a while, taking in Giyuu's words.

"You're not worthy of me?" you repeat, he nods. "You're perfect, flawless. And I'm the opposite... I let so many people die..." he says.

You shook your head, biting your lip. "You have no idea how much I've lost as well..." you smile to him.

Giyuu looked down, "you know, there was this one guy," you say.

Giyuu looks up at you, "yeah? What of him?"

"He cheated on me three times," you say, holding up three fingers. Giyuu hums, "why did he cheat?"

"Said I wasn't sexy enough. So, I dumped him. I wasn't up for intimacy anyways," you say, finishing the rest of your food.

Giyuu raised a brow, "wasn't sexy enough? Well, that's offensive..." he says, finishing up his food as well.

You two sat in silence at the dining room, "for real, it's offensive... having a woman just isn't about bragging to everyone that she's another one that he just played, it's about being happy with her with how healthy your relationship is..." you say.

Giyuu nods, "I don't think majority of the people here in your world understand that..." he says, you nod with a small smile. "Yeah... only very few people with sane thinking are left here in this world..."

Giyuu hums and stood up, taking both your plates to the sink and started washing them as well as your used cooking materials. You hug him from behind as you did the dishes.

"So this is love~

Mmm~

So this

Is love~

So this is what makes life divine~"

You could hear Giyuu's heart speeding up as your ear was pressed against his back. It was faint, but you could hear it.

"I'm all aglow~

Mmm~

I'm all aglow~

And the key to all heaven

Is mine~"

Giyuu looks back at you and wipes his hands dry, lifting you up bridal style which made you let out a little yelp of surprise.

Omg, even I can't believe I realized that sentence rhymed.

"My heart has wings~

Mmm~

And I can fly~" you continue to sing as Giyuu just carried you like that, he didn't walk, he didn't move anywhere. He just swayed with you in his arms, to which you felt safe and sound.

"I'll touch every star in the sky~

So this is the miracle I've been dreaming of~

Mmm~

So this...

Is...

Love~"

You started into Giyuu's eyes after singing, feeling a sense of overwhelming feelings overcoming you. You shook your head and got on your feet, pushing him by his chest.

"W-What's wrong?" he asked, "I can't wait any longer..." you say, taking his hands in you small, callused ones.

"I want to make it official starting today," you smile.

Giyuu smiles and hugs you by your waist, "I have no complaints..." he joined your foreheads together, happily closing his eyes as you did too.

"My sweet N/n..."

Word Count: 1324